Morphett Vale

Misplaced

Hi All,

Okay - I know that what I am going to ask is subjective and what suits one person may not suit another but I would appreciate some objective answers to what I am about to ask, please.

Morphett Vale

1. What is it like to live in that area?

2. Are there any streets/areas to avoid?

3. What are the shops like?

4. How far to the beach?

5. How long to cycle/walk/drive/public transport to the beach?

6. What schools are available?

7. What are the schools like (kids ages are 12 & 15)?

8. Best way to Adelaide (public transport or car)?

9. Time to get to adelaide by car/public transport?

10. Employment opportunities?

Many thanks,

mis

Guest Tterrier81

morphett vale is the next suburb over from me, i love livin here, i think its the biggest suburb in adelaide, plenty of shops - u shouldnt have to drive much more than 10 mins to get anything u need, i'll try answer ur questions best i can

1. like i said above

2. not really particular streets or areas, i wouldnt say there are ant great parts or rough parts of morphett vale

3. loads of shops, plenty of supermarkets, take aways, restaurants, pubs. theres southgate plaza which has a few clothes shops and a target department store, and collanades shoppin centre is 5-10 mins drive

4.about 5-10 minutes drive to port noarlunga beach which i think is one of the best beaches in adelaide

5. as i have never done any off these other than drive to beach im just going to guestimate, depending on wher u are in the suburb, cycle-15-30 minutes (there is a cycle track that runs through morphett vale) walk-30-60 minutes drive-5-10 minutes bus- 15-25 minutes depending on route

6&7. havent got kids so cant really comment, there are a few high schools in the area

8.there is a park and ride bus terminal at old reynella, with buses leaving every 15 minutes to the city, there is also a bus terminal and a train station at noarlunga with a frequent service, or you could drive but parking in the city can be quite expensive

9. car- 35-50 minutes depending on traffic, bus 45-60, train-not sure

10. i would check out http://www.careerone.com.au

hope this helps, its just a rough guide and im sure people would probably have a different view and also be able to help you with the stuff i couldnt

Its reasonably priced for a reason there are lovely bits with new builds and not so lovely bits The high school is not the best one about its Wirrenanda think if you do a seach on here you will find posts on it.There are plenty of shops in the area and have main south road running through it with shops all the way along it.

As the above have posted, like with any suburb in Adelaide there's good parts and just OK parts to Morphett Vale. I bought 3 of my rentals in Morphett Vale and they are set on a quiet, well maintained circuit of houses, mainly all owner owned so everyone takes care of their own property/gardens etc.

It would take you 35 mins to drive into the CBD and 5 to 10 min drive to the beach (depending which part of Morphett Vale you lived as its a big suburb). The suburb merges into Woodcroft and you'll find one of the best (private) schools in the south here Woodcroft College (even though the name is Woodcroft its actually in Morphett Vale).

But as you said, an area is very subjective, so once you have arrived you'll have a feel for the place and then you'll be able to decide whether you want to set down routes there or not.

Cheers

Judi

Guest BAZnDAF

Morphett Vale is a great place to live, local shops within walking distance, great transport (bus/train) links to Noarlunga, minutes to the beach and despite what other people on here think Wirreanda High is a good state school, we went to our daughters Yr11 Graduation Night last week and the number of high achieving kids there was unbelievable. The support and encouragment that the staff give is incredible, far more than she ever received at her old school in the UK and she actually said she can't wait to start Yr12 at the end of Jan, funny because she hated school before coming here.

OK it's a bit of a trek for us to get to CBD on a daily basis but it's a case of put up or shutup I guess as anywhere closer to the city is too expensive, in an ideal world (where we'd won the lottery) we'd all be living in somewhere like Brighton:biglaugh:

There are some great areas in Morphett Vale.

I have lots of friends who stay there.

Before you rent or buy (in any suburb) you need to have a look at the road and neaighbours. You get good and bad roads in every suburb. I have a rental house in Christies Beach...another area that has it's good and bad roads.

Take a walk around your prosective road and see if there are car wrecks in the garden...how house proud are the people.

The weird thing about Adelaide is that you can get shacks next door to palaces! It's not really possible to label a suburb as good or bad...especially one as large as Morphett Vale. You will get value for money in comparison to some overprices suburbs so put on your walking shoes before you commit to buy or to a long term rent.

Tamara