Alert - brains needed ASAP please, will be rewarded with Dinner in south Adelaide

Guest dbillia

Guest dbillia

Hi and merry Christmas wishes to the entire PIA forum. My wife and I are very lucky to have a 176 visa and will be arriving during the New Year season in a couple of weeks (Jan 2012).

I understand it is not the best time to arrive anywhere in the world, however step-son number one – “the genuinely clever, handsome and athletic one”, needs to join his

peers at the ASMS in February to ensure that he bonds quickly and get stuck in to his studies ASAP.

I will b landing in Adelaide with the status of unemployed and have a bit in the bank to tide me over, but I will not be able to relax until I can tell my wife that I have got a job and will be working

my nuts off for the next ten or fifteen years so that we can all enjoy our stay.

I have a couple of simple yet very needy questions that will make the flight and initial landing less intense –

We need to find a 12 month+ rental, nr Bedford Park and a train line.

We need to rent a car for 3 adults and 2 babies for two months.

Who can we call when we arrive? – Someone must know someone? – If not then there is a business opportunity already, let me be your first customer.

Hi we arrive in Jan as well and unemployed!! Have a look at realestate.com for rentals- you got initial holiday rental? If not check out the rentals sections and also google motels Jacksons etc may still have space.

What type of work are you looking for? Try Seek and Randstand and Hayes as a starting point. Contact them now with alll your info and arrange a meeting asap.

As for cars there is someone on here who works at a car place- have a search on here or hopefully they will be along soon!

Goodluck and shout if you need more advice

There are car rental places at the airport, but you would get a cheaper deal down the road at Koala rentals at 41 Sir Donald Bradman Drive. http://www.koalarentals.com.au They will also deliver car to the airport and can install baby seats.

Bedford Park is serviced by a train and several bus routes. It is better to view rentals in person to see if there are any hidden nasties and you can get a better idea of the actual size. On South Rd there are many used car dealers and also Main North Rd, but you can also check out gumtree and trading post when you arrive if you want to buy. If you are choosing Bedford Park because of the Maths/science school at Flinders Uni , then there are good bus links from the Hillside suburbs of Blackwood, Eden Hills as well as buses up from the city. Kids will be travelling from allover Adelaide to this school and Flinders Uni is well serviced by buses. Look at St Marys, Edwardstown, in fact any of the suburbs bordering South Rd, Marion Rd and Goodwood Rd going South from the city. The train line is actually some distance from the uni whereas buses go right into the campus.

There is a good rental company that meets you at the airport and I think he will also help with excess luggage if you book through him. He has some older cars that are quite economical (something like $27 per day for a small car). He is a genuinely nice, helpful guy and I know a lot of migrating families who have used him and happy with the service. This is a link to his website http://www.aussiecarrentals.com.au/