Do rental prices include services?

Guest lyn

I've been told by a few people that monthly house rental rates generally include services. Can anyone tell me if this is true, in your experience?

Thanks

Lyn x

Hi Lyn,

Long term unfurnished rentals - For us, and all the others we have spoken to over here, you still have to pay for your gas, electric and water.

Short term furnished rentals - All utilities and services are included.

I am sure there are a few exceptions, and I would always ask before you commit.

Paul

If you are in short term furnished ie 4 weeks let (ie holiday let type accommodation) then utilities are always included. If you are talking about a 6 month short term lease and you sign a contract etc, then no they wouldn't be, the same for a 12 month agreement unless it states they are included. Things that you won't pay for on a long term let is council rates and water rates.

Elec and gas tend not to be included on long term rentals and water (for us in any case) is written in our contract that the first 120,000ltrs are included, though our agent has tried a few times to pull the wool over our eyes. The average water usage here in SA is around about 160,000ltrs per year (depending on which report you read). So it could be nowt or a few $$. For us so far (with a swimming pool) its nowt and we're 8 months into our contract.

Ktee

Dont want to argue but 10 week lease. No contract signed. Utilities extra.

Thank you

Maybe it's different in SA to the rest of the states, I hope the rents are cheaper to compensate as a short term furnished let would be between $650 - $1200 per week but there is nothing else to pay and no contracts, it's just the same as booking in to a holiday villa etc.

Maybe it's different in SA to the rest of the states, I hope the rents are cheaper to compensate as a short term furnished let would be between $650 - $1200 per week but there is nothing else to pay and no contracts, it's just the same as booking in to a holiday villa etc.

I think the fact by the time we were able to book accommodation to come over there wasnt a lot of choice left. Everything was booked up. So, no, not particularly cheap - $750 a week plus utilities - but they had us over a barrell as the saying goes.

I think the fact by the time we were able to book accommodation to come over there wasnt a lot of choice left. Everything was booked up. So, no, not particularly cheap - $750 a week plus utilities - but they had us over a barrell as the saying goes.

Seems very steep. It's a good thread though as it hopefully makes people coming over check what is included. I have known some charge extra for linen.

Guest tinkham_lee

For long term rentals, you will have to set up and pay for gas and electricity,

Depending on the real estate/Landlord you may have to pay for all water usage and supply.

You do not pay, Council rates, Sewerage rates, Emergency services levy. these are all paid by the landlord