Direct Connect

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We're filling out applications for rentals and just wondering about Direct Connect. Has anyone else used them for gas and electricity? Is it worth using them or should we be avoiding them?

Cheers,

Wendy

We used them when we first arrived for speed and because of our lack of knowledge. They were fine but only use certain providers. If you have time to shop around for cheaper deals then you should do so. Contracts are usually for 24 months so it is a long time to be tied in if you are paying over the odds. Dont forget also that if doing it yourself you can negotiate a price - when I got quotes I just said that my friend was getting it cheaper with them and they brought the price down.

Hi we used them no problems. They only offer limited providers but you are not locked into contract so can shop around once settled

We used them when we first arrived for speed and because of our lack of knowledge. They were fine but only use certain providers. If you have time to shop around for cheaper deals then you should do so. Contracts are usually for 24 months so it is a long time to be tied in if you are paying over the odds. Dont forget also that if doing it yourself you can negotiate a price - when I got quotes I just said that my friend was getting it cheaper with them and they brought the price down.