Christie Beach, good place to stay?

Guest Nikkib

Hi

We are coming out for a reccee in December, and looking at holiday lets, is christie beach a good place to have a base to travel out from and look at different areas.

After looking at average house prices, this areas seemed to be in our price range?

We have found a house to rent for a week, that looks great, just not sure if right place to be.

thanks

Nikki

It's a bit hit and miss to be honest. It's an upcoming area, although it'll be a while until it's up. There are a few streets that look fine, but some can look a little dodgy. It all depends on the exact location to be honest. I wouldn't rule it out, but would make sure I had a look around the adjacent streets to be on the safe side.

Hi

We have lived in Christies Beach since we got here two years ago and love it. Yes there are some dodgyish looking streets or houses but aren't there everywhere. We live a street away from the beach, the kids walk to school (10 minutes) and 20-30 minute walk to Colonnades / train station or 5 minute car journey. The bits I have found of it that do not look so desirable, I have only found since getting our dog and taking him out - these are towards the top road end of Christies and on the right, so cross of Dyson Road and Gulfview. That is not to say they proabably are not nice people as we don't know them, but in these two years, touch wood, we have never experienced any problems at all.

Good luck with the searching (if you are searching online need a heads up on the streets, feel free to pm me)

Hi Nikki

It hard to choose a place to stay for when you first get here ....but I personally think Christies Beach is a good place to stay....it has a lovely beach, with a few nice cafes and places to eat and some shops to look around. Everything is within walking distance and it has recently had a big refurb along the front - which makes it look fab now. As previous posters have said, there are a few dodgy places - but I really dont think its anything much.

You'll be fine and it will certainly feel like your on holiday there.

Good luck with your move

Sarahx

I agree I've lived in Christies beach for the past 5 months and love it... There are a lot of people that slate Christies beach and have never lived there themselves so makes me laugh how they can judge a place without living there... Yes there are some dodgy houses in the odd street but so is there in any other area that are said to be the in places to live!! It doesn't matter how much your house cost or what area you live in .. There are rich people that are neighbors from he'll too.

It will be a lovely base for your holiday and you can have a good drive around and see places as it's fairly central and has lots there too....:goofy:Good luck xx