Home and Land Packages

sush

Hi All

Can someone expalin how the Home and Land Packages work, and is there any hidden costs ? and say if the price of the house is $350,000 does this include building the complete house as you see it and fiited appliances ?

Also The first time house byers grant, does this still apply ?

Thanks for your help

Sush.

House and land packages it will include the land and a house built on that land. It will be the base house no extras the cheapest possible if you want anything extra like say double sockets instead of the single ones that are usually standard there will be a cost same with kitchens down lights sanitary wares etc it can all add up you could add on $50-60,000 easy. you will get a oven and cook top as appliances. Dont go by the pictures that is the top of the range stuff that is shown the base house is nothing like that.Floor coverings are not included only tiles in bathrooms and Laundry

I think there is still the first home owners grant of $7000 but not 100% sure.

I think everyone on here knows my experience from building!

PLEASE Just be very careful!!!

you are entitled to 1st homebuyers grant of $7000 plus the bonus grant please read below

[h=2]First Home Bonus Grant[/h]First Home buyers who qualify for the $7000 First Home Owner Grant may also be eligible for a First Home Bonus Grant (FHBG). Applicants may be eligible to receive a First Home Bonus Grant of up to $4000 if they entered into a contract to purchase or build a home, or commenced construction as owner builders, between 5 June 2008 and 16 September 2010 (inclusive). A FHBG of up to $8000 is potentially available to applicants who enter into a contract to purchase or build a NEW home, or commence construction as owner builders, on or after 17 September 2010 up to and including 30 June 2012.

Hi,

We have built twice and both builds have been fantastic, lucky to have had really good site manager's and a reasonable build time. We bought land and then choose a builder, most land packages are with 'cheaper' builders and I have heard to many bad stories about them and we wouldn't touch them.

You get what you pay for !

T

Tina

Like Tina, we bought land first then looked around for a builder. I suppose it depends on what you're happy with but if we hadn't upped the spec from standard we'd have been left with something that we'd soon have been disappointed with (we rented two places before moving into our own home and although both were almost new they were also both almost falling down!)

We ended up going with a more expensive builder and spending a lot more than we'd expected at the start (I'm not talking 40 or 50k more - I mean a LOT more) and because some of the higher end stuff is hidden (thicker frame, more noggings so we could hang heavier stuff from walls, thicker plasterboard, better insulation, sound batts, sarking etc) we might not get back the amount spent should we decide to sell, but at least we're happy with the house we've ended up with. We know a lot of people who've built and regretted keeping to the 'basic' end.

Jim

Don't quote me on this,I think you have to pay extra for paths/driveways.Ask the rep. what extras are available after all they want as much business as they can get,providing you read the small print and completely understand the contract you shouldn't feel cheated.

You either pay the builder extra to pave the drive and patio or arrange your own trades after handover. Its cheaper for you to arrange your own people.

Everything external is extra, storm water, fence if not already there, retaining if needed and all landscaping.

You have to budget for this, my neighbour in our old house didn't and has never paved or landscaped and to be honest it pissed me off.

Tina