Christie Downs

Guest Paula H

Guest Paula H

We are, port noarlunga is our choice atm but I see in that area the rentals are a lot cheaper. What is wrong with the area if you don't mi me asking

Also port noarlunga is our top choice for now until we get there and drive around, can you advise on any areas that have bigger plots of land please?

Guest theclarkes
We are, port noarlunga is our choice atm but I see in that area the rentals are a lot cheaper. What is wrong with the area if you don't mi me asking

Also port noarlunga is our top choice for now until we get there and drive around, can you advise on any areas that have bigger plots of land please?

Port Noarlunga and areas in the vicinity are not close to anywhere lively, very quiet areas. Depends where you want to be living and what you want close by :)

All areas have some rentals with bigger plots it just depends on whats available at the time. Some roads of Christies downs are good but there are some run down parts. Would have a look at what available when you look but if not Port N or Christies beach try Hallet cove or moana aswell.

Yeah run down would discribe it and a bit more than usual social housing. That should not matter though just check out the neighbours ect. At the end of the day you pay for what you get like anything. Would go for your first choices as there are reasonable houses to rent there to. That said I know someone who rents in Christies downs with a Pool and is happy there.

Edited by minty

Guest theclarkes
Does moana have primary & high schools?

I think Seaford High School is the closest public school to Moana, there is a good private school, Cardijn College but pricey. There is more choice for primary schools, in my opinion its the high schools that you need to consider more as some in the area do not have a great name unfortunately. We live in Morphett Vale and once again the closest High School does not have a great reputation but we are hoping to move (as u know) to Queensland or if we stay here closer to the city. I feel until you get here you cannot get a real feel for the place and see it for yourself and then you will know what you like the look of. Its hard Paula :(

Guest Paula H

Your so right, I'm just trying to get a feel for it so it won't be so daunting when we are there. Do you know which high schools are near happy valley and/or port N?

Guest theclarkes
Your so right, I'm just trying to get a feel for it so it won't be so daunting when we are there. Do you know which high schools are near happy valley and/or port N?

Port noarlunga is the same sort of area as Moana, Happy Valley would be a much better option, closer to where the 'life' is, and Reynella East College is a good school, and is now combined primary and high school on one campus.

Guest Damien

I disagree (although my kids aren't high school age yet), if you've got primary school age kids moving over then the school is one of THE most important factors in decding where you move to. Believe me, you don't want your kids going to school in Christie Downs. You'll find the better kids there go to Christies Beach PS, then many of the kids from Christies Beach go to Port Noarlunga and so on.... I've lived in Christies Beach and Port Noarlunga, go to Christies Downs and you'll see a different world to 'Wanted Down Under'. It's not nice. Maybe snobbish but the truth.

Just my opinion though guys!

Guest theclarkes
Reynella East college is a high school? Does it have a primary feeder school?

reynella east is combined now, the primary is next door, kids go directly up to the high school once on the school :)

Guest SA Great

I agree with Damien. I go to Christie Downs quite a bit and to be honest it is a ****hole. Dont go there. Happy Valley is a far better choice FAR BETTER!!

Hi Paula

We live in Moana and our daughters go to Tatachilla Lutheran School - It takes me 7 mins to drive them to school. There is also Moana Primary school which Ive heard good things about. Our girls went to Mclaren Vale Primary - again, its on 10 min drive to.

Really pleased with Tatachill - it is a fee paying school. http://www.tatachilla.sa.edu.au/

Sarahx

Can anyone give any advice on this area?

As most people have said this isn't the best area, but.... As Tyke said there are respectable parts. Pick the street wisely and you'll be close to the beach, excellent transport links, close to decent shops etc... I don't much about schooling but people I know who live in Christie Downs send there kids to the Private school.

There are streets in Christie Downs that I would choose to live on ahead of some streets in Port Noarlunga, Happy Valley, Hallett Cove etc... The better areas aren't better in every instance, and the not so good areas aren't always terrible.

Guest ffi&dyl

We moved from Seaford to Reynella East just before christmas and love it there, kids now go to Reynella East College, both of them love the school and say it's heaps better than their old school.

Ffion :-)

Guest Tterrier81

i agree with sa great and most people, christie downs is a **** hole, dont get me wrong its not as bad as what i'd call a **** hole in england but it is a bit of a dump, most housing trust homes down south are in christie downs and its walkin distance to the job centre/dole office so u can prob tell what its like