Aldinga & Sellicks Hill

Guest Paula H

Guest Paula H

Hi

Seems rental is quite reasonable in these areas!!

Would this be because of the distance to the CBD? How far away are they to the CBD (just trying to work out if it will make a big difference to us).

Thanks guys

Oh and any advice on these areas would be appreciated xx

I don't know much about the area, but on here once somebody said Aldinga had a macdonalds. I guess if you don't need much on your doorstep then it'll be fine, everything will be a drive away.

I know 3 families who live there, 2 are happy and are more elderly, but the younger family is trying to sell his house to move back towards the city. He got let down a number of times trying to get taxis (the taxis don't like going so far from the city), he felt it was considerably colder than the city (he had his heating on for 7 months last winter) and generally got fed up with driving all the time, and he only works in Lonsdale, maybe 20 mins away.

Hi

Seems rental is quite reasonable in these areas!!

Would this be because of the distance to the CBD? How far away are they to the CBD (just trying to work out if it will make a big difference to us).

Thanks guys

Oh and any advice on these areas would be appreciated xx

We live in Sellicks Beach and my wife work in the city at the RAH. As she does shifts, it only takes an hour, but if you were going at peak times, it would obviously take longer. We love where we live and the journey is not a problem for my wife, except when she's on nights.

AussieRob says they know someone who had their heating on for seven months!!! We don't have heating or cooling and it really is not that bad. But, if you like the temperature to be a certain level all year, then maybe some heating but that does seem pretty extreme.

The train will be at Seaford soon, so some people from Aldinga and Sellicks will park and ride.

Cooler

Guest leemina

We live at Aldinga, depending on traffic and the way the expressways going it takes me between 25-45 mins to work at Flinders Medical Centre, most days approx 35 mins. My hubby works at Brompton which takes him 50-60 mins. We both dont mind the driving and it gives me time to wind down before getting home. I've mentioned about maybe moving further up toward CBD just for hubby's driving really, but we all love it in Aldinga, kids love their schools, and hubby says he'd rather drive and live somewhere he wants to thats not crowded etc, than be cramped in, but this is just us. There's a couple of hairdressers, foodland, coles, butchers, greengrocers, locksmiths, shoe shops, subway, mcdonalds, newsagents, library, liquor store, pubs etc down here, and the new bakery sells vanilla cream cakes to die for. And you can drive on the beach down here, which is great!!! Hope this helps, think you just have to have a nosey down here, its not for everyone, but we love it.

We live at Aldinga, depending on traffic and the way the expressways going it takes me between 25-45 mins to work at Flinders Medical Centre, most days approx 35 mins. My hubby works at Brompton which takes him 50-60 mins. We both dont mind the driving and it gives me time to wind down before getting home. I've mentioned about maybe moving further up toward CBD just for hubby's driving really, but we all love it in Aldinga, kids love their schools, and hubby says he'd rather drive and live somewhere he wants to thats not crowded etc, than be cramped in, but this is just us. There's a couple of hairdressers, foodland, coles, butchers, greengrocers, locksmiths, shoe shops, subway, mcdonalds, newsagents, library, liquor store, pubs etc down here, and the new bakery sells vanilla cream cakes to die for. And you can drive on the beach down here, which is great!!! Hope this helps, think you just have to have a nosey down here, its not for everyone, but we love it.
What a sensible post......someone who can see that different people like different places................

Guest bigal

Sellicks has a reputation of being quite windswept and dusty especially with the afternoon gully winds, part of it wasn't connected to mains sewerage at one time ,whether this is still the case I don't know,this is probably the older houses, Aldinga and Sellicks have both had housing developments in recent years,if rents are cheap its probably not everybodys desire to live there,a new home there would be as good as a new home any where,your rents would be based on the surrounding area. Basically you get what you pay for.

Great info! It's an area we have been looking for when we get over and will probably rent there to get a feel of the place, journey times, school etc.

Once again thanks for the info!