Short term rental around Happy Valley

Adaobijoy

Guest Guest75

It should be fairly easy.

You will be asked to make a payment with your booking (normally 50% ), the balance to be paid sometime before you arrive.

Normally there is also a bond to deposit which is returnable at the end of your stay if no damage occurs.

Costing for a 3 bed furnished rental can be anywhere from $570 to $700 PW.

There should definitely be official paperwork shown to you and be signed at the start of your stay.

If the property or landlord look too good to be true they probably are. We often hear of places advertised on the net and then the deposit and landlord disappears.Do all you can to confirm they are genuine.:policeman:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

we arrived here last week (yippee!) and we have secured a rental in Happy Valley through Century 21 and we move in next week - the price is £320 per week, unfurnished 3 bedroomed property in a lovely area with laundry room and nice garden too. I offered 3 months rental in advance though the estate agent said this wasn't necessary, I showed them proof of bank statement, driving licence (UK ones) electricity and gas bill, medicare proof, passports, birth certificates and a work reference. We were only required to give '100 points worth' and this was about 160 points I think but I just added as much as I could. It was the 2nd property we applied for and we were accepted within 24 hours. Happy Valley looks beautiful and we can't wait to move in. Good luck, it's not as bad as you may feel it will be and give us a shout when you arrive!! x