Andrew's farm

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

I have been looking at some propertys online and there are some lovely ones in Andrew farm. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the area, I know it is all down to personal choice but is it a nice area to bring up 4kids or maybe some think it's a bit rough. I know some are building houses there but they seem to wanting to rent them so I am looking for info on living there ourselves

thanks all

Hi

I'm from NI myself and my OH is from Adelaide, the key to getting the move right is research and keep asking plenty of questions. If you can finance a reccie it is well worth it, in my case Adelaide was like a second home (holidaying here every year) but the big move was still daunting. We looked at various areas and have settled in the hills, its a little cooler, you still get a little bit more brick for your buck, there are good state and private schools both church and non-demoninational, and for us there is a family support network.

In an earlier post you asked about cars, we just bought a new Holden, equivalent to a Vauxhall Vectra, with some haggling and a deal for cash we bought a top of the range model(leather seats etc) for just over £12,000. The insurance was a pleasant surprise Fully comp for my wife and myself $524 for the year( you know the shocking cost of car insurance at home).

The general cost of living is comparable to UK. Some things are surprisingly cheap and conversely expensive as well. We have noted since our last trip in late 2006 that things have gotten dearer.

Please feel free to PM me ant questions and I'll give you an honest answer

Mark

Hi,

I remember Andrews farm coming up several times on PIA, have you tried the search button at the top of the page, enter Andrews Farm and you should get a bit of infomation.

Simon

Guest barmyarmy

have looked at andrews farm myself n spoke to 1 or 2 who r buying there n no bad words about it ,am myself looking at oakwood which is very close n has a shopping centre n schools etc. near.i am looking at a new build n am sure you had a look at them to £119000 for a four bedroom house:)

Guest caoimhe
have looked at andrews farm myself n spoke to 1 or 2 who r buying there n no bad words about it ,am myself looking at oakwood which is very close n has a shopping centre n schools etc. near.i am looking at a new build n am sure you had a look at them to £119000 for a four bedroom house:)

yes had a look at those, thanks

Guest steven9586

Hi, I notice your from Sunderland, do you still live their? If so we live near Stanley and was wondering if you would like to meet up for a chat. My wife and I are planning a recce in April and are after as much info as possible, It seems that you have been to Adelaide before. Get in touch.

Steven Clark