Tickets booked,NOW NEED A PLAN !!!!!

Guest tom n marie

Guest tom n marie

WELL ITS THAT LITTLE BIT CLOSER NOW JUST BOOKED TICKETS to fly on 24/06/12 and we ARRIVE on 26/6/12.:cool:

We are wondering what other ppl did when you landed? renting or did you sort out hotels/B&B (just unsure on areas to settle)

We've been looking at magill, highbury, murray bridge, paradise, gawler anyone know anything about these areas? Dont mind commuting as hubby will always be travelling anyway due to nature of his job. Just need to be close to school and hourish to a beach (dont we all!!). I'm currently a housewife but will be looking for something p/t that hopefully fits around everyone else. Is their many after school/breakfast clubs and such?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Marie :goofy:

Marie 30, Tom 31, Thomas 7, Jake 6 :skeptical:

Guest yogi64

Hi Marie and welcome

Can't comment on the other areas but Gawler is a large country type town, with a good range of shops, pubs, restaurants and services and good schools, the house prices are a bit cheaper, with bigger block sizes, only 30mins to the nearest Northern beaches, which are normally quite, kid safe with miles of sand (and good fishing/crabbing but don't tell anyone), 35 to 40mins to the city centre, 20mins to the Barossa and only minutes to the country side.

Mike

Guest leeannekays

Hi Marie,

I can't comment on the areas you've picked but we came over and rented fully furnished for a few weeks then we secured a long term rental from next week. All our things in the container arrive there next Thursday.

We are lovin it

Leeanne x

Guest Guest75

Hiya Marie

How's sunny old Leeds???

We come from there - Pudsey in fact.

That's a real mix of areas you are looking at. You really need to look for yourself.

By all means listen to the opinions on here but make your own mind up.

A lot of people book a furnished rental for a few weeks while they find their feet.

There are some good ones on here.

Have a look through this link.................

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/accommodation-available/

Hi and how nice to hear of someone who is considering Highbury - it is lovely here, and the people are wonderful!!!

For short term accommodation, a lot of the furnished places tend to be in the south, but you could try getting in touch with Donna Jacobs (her website is http://www.adelaideaccommodation.com.au/) as she has a few places more centrally located, and I think one in Mawson Lakes which would be a good base to explore this side of town. Alternatively there are quite a few serviced apartments in the city - we stayed in a place on Hutt Street when we first arrived through this company http://www.adelaideregent.com.au/

Use the search engine on here and put in suburb names - I have written quite a bit about Highbury in the past so don't want to bore everyone by repeating it, but can certainly help with any specific questions, and when you get here come along on one of our girls nights out and that will be a good way of meeting lots of others on this side of town. We have a Facebook site too - so when you're here, if you're a FB user, get in touch and you can join that - it's good for all those questions such as "how do I find a good plumber", "where's a good place for Sunday lunch" as well a the social side!

Guest Jennet
Hiya Marie

How's sunny old Leeds???

We come from there - Pudsey in fact.

That's a real mix of areas you are looking at. You really need to look for yourself.

By all means listen to the opinions on here but make your own mind up.

A lot of people book a furnished rental for a few weeks while they find their feet.

There are some good ones on here.

Have a look through this link.................

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/accommodation-available/

Its bloody raining by the way oh and raining oh and again :biglaugh: and kirkstall road is a pain road works never ending and traffic never ending your missing loads LOL

Hi Tom & Marie - congrats on booking your flights - it will all certainly feel real now!

Just letting you know that we have a short term rental in Moana - possibly not the suburb you said you were looking for - however, we are right next to the beach and schools only 5/10 mins away.

Check out our website, and if you have any question, please come back to me.

Good luck with the last few weeks in the Uk....its going to be emotional - but it will all be worth it in the end.

Sarahx

Guest Guest75
Its bloody raining by the way oh and raining oh and again :biglaugh: and kirkstall road is a pain road works never ending and traffic never ending your missing loads LOL

Heard it was non stop rain - and drought measures being brought in as well??? Madness!!:wacko:

Not looking forward to the traffic on our visit - we'll be heading out to the greenery and hills.:biggrin:

Hi Tom & Marie - congrats on booking your flights - it will all certainly feel real now!

Just letting you know that we have a short term rental in Moana - possibly not the suburb you said you were looking for - however, we are right next to the beach and schools only 5/10 mins away.

Check out our website, and if you have any question, please come back to me.

Good luck with the last few weeks in the Uk....its going to be emotional - but it will all be worth it in the end.

Sarahx

As a resident of Highbury (and no offense to Sarah) can I point out that if you were staying in Moana that's bloody miles away from here!! Will make driving round, checking out areas in the North East a nightmare, and to be honest, in the middle of June, the beach isn't a place you'd be spending a lot of time!!

Obviously your choice, but I'd find somewhere a bit nearer to rent short term!!!!

Guest tom n marie
As a resident of Highbury (and no offense to Sarah) can I point out that if you were staying in Moana that's bloody miles away from here!! Will make driving round, checking out areas in the North East a nightmare, and to be honest, in the middle of June, the beach isn't a place you'd be spending a lot of time!!

Obviously your choice, but I'd find somewhere a bit nearer to rent short term!!!!

Thanks for that comment, didn't really consider this when deciding where to to stay at first, its a good point!! Have still been looking at Highbury (OH likes the look).

Thanks to everyone for replys, this site is sooo helpful although raises more questions ha

also for the record STILL raining!!

Marie

Guest Jennet
Heard it was non stop rain - and drought measures being brought in as well??? Madness!!:wacko:

Not looking forward to the traffic on our visit - we'll be heading out to the greenery and hills.:biggrin:

its raining now LOL and cold, when you coming here and where you heading too

Guest Guest75
its raining now LOL and cold, when you coming here and where you heading too

We'll be all over,Pudsey, Addingham and mini holidays perhaps in the lakes or Yorkshire coast. We are up around August time.

Guest Jennet
We'll be all over,Pudsey, Addingham and mini holidays perhaps in the lakes or Yorkshire coast. We are up around August time.

I'll be leaving 3rd July from Horsforth, i use to work at pudsey sport centre as a life guard LOL many many many years ago. August should be nice and the lakes will look very nice around that time, hope you have a nice visit