Anybody breaking a lease in port noarlunga?

cormcvcr

Hi peeps,

just wondering if there is anybody on here looking to break their lease or at the end of it. We are looking from Beach Road/Christies Beach to Murray Road/Port Noarlunga area.

Our lease is due to run out in our current rental at the end of June and the landlord is not renewing it as there are quite extensive repairs needing done to it (not our fault, honest!:biggrin:)

We are in Port Noarlunga at the moment and don't want to move our daughter to another school again and as I don't drive so another area can't be considered.

We need the minimum of a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom property and one that will accept dogs. If it's a 4 bedroomed, then all the better!

We can take over lease a bit earlier if that helps too.

Give me a yell if you are or know of anybody who is looking to do this.

Cheers me dears

Cx

• 2 months later...
Hi we might be but not until Oct/Nov and all depends if we find somewhere to buy...

Rentals in this area are hard to come by, good luck

Aren't they just!!

We did manage to find a rental, only for the owner to put the house on the market the same day we signed the lease and when we moved in 2 weeks later the house sold.

The new owners would love to move in asap as they are expecting a baby in a few weeks, hence our urgency now to find somewhere, but even although houses are few and far between here, the ones that are coming onto the rental market are disgusting.

We have seen a few over the last couple of weeks and what the advert says and what you get are completely different.

I only have to take a look at my kids faces and know that they think the exact same as me.... yukkk!!!

We still legally have the house until the end of January but if we could get something earlier that is decent that would be good for all parties involved, but not going to settle for a skip with a garden attached.

Hi,

The house right accross the road from me was on the rental market last month but has now been taken. There's a house two houses down (deceased estate) but am not sure whether it's big enough. We are 1km from the Port Noarlunga primary school.

You could try Timms real estate in Beach Road, Christies and see if they get anything....best to have a chat with them so that they give you a call before it gets advertised.

If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Tamara

Aren't they just!!

We did manage to find a rental, only for the owner to put the house on the market the same day we signed the lease and when we moved in 2 weeks later the house sold.

The new owners would love to move in asap as they are expecting a baby in a few weeks, hence our urgency now to find somewhere, but even although houses are few and far between here, the ones that are coming onto the rental market are disgusting.

We have seen a few over the last couple of weeks and what the advert says and what you get are completely different.

I only have to take a look at my kids faces and know that they think the exact same as me.... yukkk!!!

We still legally have the house until the end of January but if we could get something earlier that is decent that would be good for all parties involved, but not going to settle for a skip with a garden attached.

Hi Cornelia,

Hope you find somewhere soon.Is a few Kilometres further south too far?I have seen some nice ones around Seaford and Moana.You are dead right about some of the dives they have for rent here,one wonders how they have the audacity to expect people to actually pay to live in them!:shocked:Best of Luck,Sue.

Hi,

The house right accross the road from me was on the rental market last month but has now been taken. There's a house two houses down (deceased estate) but am not sure whether it's big enough. We are 1km from the Port Noarlunga primary school.

You could try Timms real estate in Beach Road, Christies and see if they get anything....best to have a chat with them so that they give you a call before it gets advertised.

If I hear of anything I will let you know.

Tamara

Hi Tamara,

I have already registered with all the agents and check realestate.com.au on a regular basis each day. It's hard as well, even although there isn't a great deal of decent houses available, we have 2 dogs, so understandably a lot of landlords and agents alike are put off by this.

The update is that the new owners have signed a lease for a 6 month contract on a property for themselves, as they sold their house and couldn't take the chance of being homeless if we couldn't find anything in time for them moving out of their sold property. So at the moment we can stay in the property until our lease expires at the end of January, which we always knew legally we could, but we were just trying to do the right thing as the lady is pregnant and due in a matter of weeks and we were trying to help. But we have to help ourselves too and look after our own family.

Hopefully by then we will be in a better position and be able to buy at that time.

Thanks everybody for comments and asking around, it's very much appreciated. It's times like these that this site is great and brings out the good and helpfulness in them.

Cheers folks

Hi Sue, Seaford and Moana would have been too far as I don't drive, but if push came to shove, we might just have had to.

We had already moved from Hallett Cove to Port Noarlunga and my daughter, the wee star that she is, moved schools and I didn't want to do it to her again.

But all good for the moment, no doubt it will start all over again in January ;)