Pet friendly letting

Guest Guest9815

Guest Guest9815

Hi

I am moving to Adelaide with my wife and 12 year old son this August, we arrive on the 24th.

When we arrive we need a furnished house/property that accepts pets (1 cat & 1 dog/both house trained) this is only for up to 8 weeks until our container arrives from the UK,

by this time we will have hopefully found a suitable unfurnished rental that again accepts pets. I plan to spend around $300 per week, idealy close to the beach.

We need to be in the vacinity to Marion as my son is going to Westminster School.

Can anyone suggest who I can contact regarding the above as to date I have been unsucessful finding anything, or maybe you know of someone that may be able to help us.

Thanks

Chris

Very few furnished places accept pets - you might be better off putting them into kennels for the first few weeks while you look for a long term rental. Not sure if you'll find anything that close to the beach for $300 a week, but good luck! Have a look in the Accommodation Available section on here for lease breaks and furnished places.

I assume you mean $300 for the long term unfurnished. Where are you looking, to be honest you will probably need to spend more, especially if you want a garden for pets.

Have you looked on realestate.com and domain?

For long term lets don't restrict yourself to ones that say pet friendly. Many landlords will allow pets but want to look at it on a case to case basis, some will want an extra deposit.

You will be able to find furnished lets that take pets as many people travel with pets but as mentioned, when will your pets be arriving and out of quarantine (if required).

Decent short term furnished lets are expensive but worth it and you can often negotiate a discount for longer stays. How big a place do you need?

Edited by Rammygirl

Hi Chris

We have a new furnished rental coming on line at the end of July beginning of August. Its a lovely 3 bedroom home located in Seaford, 200 meters from the beautiful beach and within walking distance to Seaford Shopping Mall, local schools and transport links. The Property isnt up on our website yet but will be within the next couple of weeks. It will be furnished to the same high standard as our other properties so Please PM me or email me through our website listed below.

Hope all your plans are going well

Kim

Guest nakigirl

Hi Chris

We have just moved from New Zealand to Adelaide and brought our dog with us. No quarantine restrictions for us so I had to find a furnished rental that was pet friendly. We are currently staying at The Guesthouse in Eastwood and the owner has had no problem with our dog. We have also just secured a permanent rental and had no problems with the landlord. We also got accepted on another proeprty so had a choice of two. I thought it was going to be really hard but just be upfront and provide as much info about you and your fur family and I'm sure you'll have no problems. We did a pet resume for our dog and the landlords we delt with were impressed we had gone to so much trouble. good luck

Samantha