House sit Coromandel Valley - July 08

Guest mysnix

A friend of ours is going on long service leave and is considering letting their house in Coromandel Valley. Be perfect for new arrivals finding their feet.

It is a 4 bedroom house with lovely valley/rural views.

It will be available for approximately 13 weeks from July this year.

They are looking at a rental fee of $250 a week.

Anyone with a possible interest could you please pm me. (mysnix)

Should have some pictures next week sometime.

Nikki

x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest weesp

Hi, could you let me have some pics, r there schools nearby as I have 17, 14 & 10 year old? does it have shops etc nearby. look forward to hearing from you.

Lynn

Guest mysnix

Hi Lynn,

Sorry haven't had chance to get photos, I will get on to it!

The nearest primary schools are Craigburn or Coromandel Valley both within walking distance (longish walk mind!). The catchment high school is Blackwood, and Aberfoyle Park High is a similar distance away. Many of the private schools on the plains have buses that come through the valley too.

There a a few small shops in Coro itself a couple of minutes in the car or about a 15 minute walk. A deli, chemist, butchers, chip shop, pizza place and a pub with an off licence.

Blackwood shops are about 5 minutes away (in the car) and have most of the other shops you would need - supermarkets, post office etc. Similarly Aberfoyle Park Hub which is a couple of minutes more.

Marion Shopping Centre, for mall shopping is about 15 minutes drive away and the beach another couple on that.

There are 2 train stations about 5 minutes away for trains to the city.

Hope that is helpful.

I will try and sort the photos out very soon - anything else you want to know give me a shout!

Nikki

x

Hi Nikki.

I've just noticed that you were originally from Hereford. We're from Worcester so only just down the road. What a small world!! The property in Coromandel Valley sounds just what and where we're looking for. We're hoping to come over July/Sept time so the timing's good too but you know what it's like we don't want to make any definate plans until our visas are actually through.

If you could pm me the photos when you get them that'd be great. I was going to pm you but wasn't sure how to do it (without sounding too dim).

Thanks again

Nicky

Guest mysnix

Cool - I will try and catch them to get photos done - have been busy this week as uni is back.

Love Worcester (hmm) used to spend hours sitting on the causeway on Sunday nights waiting to get up to the M5!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mysnix

No that is fine - the house is definitely still available - He is just being a bit slow on the pictures - I will sort it honestly. He told me he was doing it last week - but that''s Aussies for you :o

I will try to grab him and get definite dates too - he is on nights this week though.

Nikki

x

p.s don't worry about pestering me, I don't mind!

Guest caz and wayne
A friend of ours is going on long service leave and is considering letting their house in Coromandel Valley. Be perfect for new arrivals finding their feet.

It is a 4 bedroom house with lovely valley/rural views.

It will be available for approximately 13 weeks from July this year.

They are looking at a rental fee of $250 a week.

Anyone with a possible interest could you please pm me. (mysnix)

Should have some pictures next week sometime.

Nikki

x

Nikki

I have just pm'd you.

Regards

Carolyn

Guest mysnix

Saw them yesterday - they are doing a bit of a tidy up prior to doing photos (gardens mostly!)

Will keep on at them re dates too.

Sorry for the delay.

Nikki

x

• 1 month later...
Guest mysnix

OK - really sorry about the delay. My fault mostly, had the rellies over and we went away to KI too!

Got the definite dates. The house will be available from Monday 7th July until Friday 3rd October

After some recalculating they have decided that they would like $300 a week to cover their costs and also for the electric to be extra. I think this still works out really well compared to the cost of caravan parks etc. They have decided also to leave their modem connected, so they are including their ADSL naked internet connection for the house sitters to use.

The house is 4 bedroom, in a quiet position at the end of a cul de sac , on the high side of the valley fairly close to the oval and has 2 R/C heaters.

Some pictures available here, I can get more on request (just noticed there isn't an exterior shot - I will do one tomorrow). If anyone is interested can they contact me with their approximate dates and some basic details and I will pass them on to them.

Thanks for your patience ... :notworthy:

th_P4100168.jpg

th_P4100170.jpg

th_P4100171.jpg

Nikki

x

Guest mysnix

th_P4100172.jpg

th_P4100175.jpg

th_P4100177.jpg

th_P4100179.jpg

Sorry if I am breaking any rules for double posting or with images. I did look for forum rules, but didn't find anything!

Nikki

x

• 1 month later...
Guest mysnix

Thank you so much to everyone who enquired about the house and to the mods for allowing to me post!

The house has now been taken, the owners were lucky enough to find someone whose dates fitted exactly with their own.

I am sorry to anyone else I have disappointed and also for being so slack with my updates!

I hope everyones move over goes smoothly!

Thanks,

Nikki

x