How to get into the Real Estate Business?

Guest Michael Earl

Guest Michael Earl

Hi all,

What is the way to get into the Real Estate Business, I am very young but have future plans of entering this field and I was just wondering what are the necessary steps in doing so. I need as much information as possible.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Guest Katangel

I did a property managers traineeship through the real estate institute of south Australia. (REISA) they offer courses to those that want to sell houses too. That would be the best place to start :-)

Two of our neighbours recently decided to change career and geo into Real Estate - one did all the courses first and then looked for a job; his wife was offered a job before doing the courses, and her company paid for her to do the training. So I guess two options... I see you are currently in India: are you planning on moving to Adelaide soon? :biggrin:

Two of our neighbours recently decided to change career and geo into Real Estate - one did all the courses first and then looked for a job; his wife was offered a job before doing the courses, and her company paid for her to do the training. So I guess two options... I see you are currently in India: are you planning on moving to Adelaide soon? :biggrin:

If the pay is good I might go for it too:wink: There are so many ads out there for real estate agents. I wonder what the market is like.:smile:

Guest Nick Tuck

I am an agent in Adelaide. You need a qualification (licence) to be able to sell here in Australia. So you can either go to either of the 2 schools here and pay and get yourself through the schooling (which is not hard) and then once having this look around for a job.

Or, the other option is to contact agencies who take people on as trainees. if you are young I would recommend this option. It would mean that the company should put you through the qualifications and train you up until when you are ready. i would suggest this method as a lot of companies take people on with thier licence and then just throw you out to see if you sink or swim which is tough.

With the traineeship they would train you, and give you lots of information and training so that once you are ready you will be successful.

let me know if you need any other advice on this.

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

What is the way to get into the Real Estate Business, I am very young but have future plans of entering this field and I was just wondering what are the necessary steps in doing so. I need as much information as possible.

Thanks a lot,

Michael

So, if you don't know what an estate agent or real estate is (your posts)

What makes you want to get into it as a business?

Guest adelaideinjuly

just a quick question , r there any real estate agents with accent , i mean not native speakers

My husband is a talented sales man but has an accent and with intermediate english