Renewal of Tenancy

Guest agnescct

Guest agnescct

Hi Everyone

Can anyone advise the period of renewal of tenancy is on owners decision or the tenant, i just got a letter asking us to renew for 1 year(we already with them for 1 year) all we want is to be free from contracts or the least 3 or 6 months.

Don't know of anywhere you can get shorter terms they are usually the full 12 months. However there are plenty of threads on here of people who break leases with out problems it just depends on how long it is empty as you can be liable for the advertising and the rent until it is re let...

Guest Team 'W'

I think if you have been there a yr already you have the choice to say to them you will do 6months and take it from there ,we did ..it worked for us , just ask they can only say no, but if its a choice of having to find tennants or already have them i think you will have a chance ..