Renewal of Tenancy

Guest agnescct

Guest agnescct

Hi Everyone

I wonder if we are obliged to renew a tenancy agreement for 1 year and can we offer to be on periodic lease instead so as not to tie up with contracts as we are looking to buy a new home.

Guest Celine

Hi,

Just ask the agent if you have one or discuss with landlord if you haven't - most landlords will agree to you going onto a periodic in view of your circumstances although obviously landlords in general prefer 12 month tenancies as they know where they financially for that period

good luck, Celine

Hi Everyone

I wonder if we are obliged to renew a tenancy agreement for 1 year and can we offer to be on periodic lease instead so as not to tie up with contracts as we are looking to buy a new home.

Guest agnescct

Hi Celine

Thanks for ur valuable advice, the agent wrote me a letter to renew the tenancy with increased in rental, if i do not accept the offer, the landlord can choose not to rent to us? and if they allowed me to go on periodic, does the new rental take effects, any law to protect us should they not allow on periodic and we are left homeless?