Rental wanted: Beachside for doctors, 6 months +

Guest tombradley

Guest tombradley

Hi,

We are moving to Adelaide next week and will be staying for at least 6 months.

We are a professional couple - I have a job as a doctor based out of the airport - and would like to leave by the beach, easily commutanle to Adelaide airport. Don't need a big place, but furnished is a must.

Can provide references / bond etc.

Any one got something up there sleeve?

Thanks,

Tom

Hello and welcome.

I doubt you'll want to secure a 6 month rental before you land as tbh, you could be stuck with a hole. Usually most people get a short term rental for a few weeks, get their bearings, check out the suburbs they have in mind and then go house hunting. As you leave next week I doubt you'll get much till you land.

If you have the budget I'd say Glenelg or surrounding suburbs. Its not a bad drive/commute to the airport and there are plenty of units and stuff around there to rent usually.

As for if you'll get a place furnished, that would up the cost and not sure how many places do that kind of thing. Have you considered renting your furniture at all? They do this in Aus and there are websites online for it.

Guest oidara

Hi there,

We *may* be breaking the lease on our medium-term rental in Moana. It would be free from early/mid-August until towards the end of September. It's a lovely house in a gorgeous spot about 1 minute's walk from the beach, but we have found a long-term rental that suits so we need to pounce on that before it's gone.

The property details are here:

http://www.acaciarentals.com/property2.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jasper Smallman

Hi Tom

we are vacating a quiet courtyard home this forthcoming weekend. it has three bedrooms, bathroom and seperate shower, utility, upstairs and downstairs wcs, garage. its located on Broadway in a very duscreet courtyard. neighbours are very quiet abd private. the beach is literally at the end of our road. You can travel to the airport in minutes. we often walk to glenelg for coffee and shopping(why drive when you have glrious sunsets and scenery to look at?). We are renting via taplins on jetty rd (wendy knight is the agent who manages the property). Give her a call to arrange a viewing. we are in most evenings ir afternoons. the property is situated at 5/24 Broadway, Glenelg South. I am certain that 6 months would be accepatable.

hope this is useful. if you wantbeach, glenelg, and convenience for the airport, tram, libraries, buses, marion shopping centre, and above all safety and security, then this could be ideal. we are both nurses from the the uk and we have bought a house, - our reason for moving.

Cheers

jasper

My mate Sarah has a fully furnished, beautiful house for rental down at Moana ......... bit of a drive but worth it. She's on here as "likesshoppping" and her rental is http://coastandvinesrentals.com.au/

Sharon

According to Google maps Moana is a 40 minute commute to the airport (seems much longer to me). Places like Glenelg, West Beach and Henely beach are just 5 minutes away, 10 if there is traffic. Not sure what your idea of an easy commute is but I'd recommend checking out where places are on Google maps before commiting to anything from the UK. Once here you can check out the areas and drive for yourself to see if the distance is acceptable.

.. Not sure what your idea of an easy commute is but I'd recommend checking out where places are on Google maps before commiting to anything from the UK. Once here you can check out the areas and drive for yourself to see if the distance is acceptable.

This is absolutely spot on. What sounds an acceptable commute compared to your UK trip can seem very different here, with the traffic lights, speeding traps and huge fines, and the fact that for any roadworks, the limit goes down to 25k so can make a big difference to your commuting time. You really have to try it out before committing to anything long term - and at the time of day when you would normally be driving it. I know my trip to work is about ten minutes less when the school holidays are on, and this morning took me about 15 minutes longer because there was a slight hold-up along the way. What in theory is a 30 minute drive can take anything from 25 minutes to an hour for me.