When do I need to organise a short term rental?

scott&kerry

Hi,

we have just completed our medicals and are hoping to be moving to Adelaide around July time! Now it's time to start sorting things before time runs away with us,when would we be needing to look at securing a short term rental? I've read a few people say they left it too late and ended up in a bit of a dive,really don't want to be doing that!! Be good to have somewhere nice to begin our adventure! Any recommendations would be really appreciated

Thanks Kerry. :biggrin:

Hi,

we have just completed our medicals and are hoping to be moving to Adelaide around July time! Now it's time to start sorting things before time runs away with us,when would we be needing to look at securing a short term rental? I've read a few people say they left it too late and ended up in a bit of a dive,really don't want to be doing that!! Be good to have somewhere nice to begin our adventure! Any recommendations would be really appreciated

Thanks Kerry. :biggrin:

Most short term rentals are holiday lets and July is winter here so they don't get booked up too quickly. We came over in July but didn't book anything until the May before hand and there was still plenty of options open to us. We left it so late because my OH was appllying for a job and our exact travel dates depended on whether he gotthe job (he did), and when they needed him to start. Some of it will depend on how much you want to be based in a particular area when you arrive, but you can probably afford to take your time finding somewhere.

Good luck

Nicola

I have an English mate that has his property as a short term rental near the beach. Its designed for people for a few weeks, couple of months whilst you get settle before finding the place you want. Can hunt the details down if you wish.

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Hi there!

We came out the July just gone, and booked our accommodation quite late, only a couple of months before.

We got an excellent place, which was more than perfect for us! But we did browse around and found a lot of places had already been booked up!

It's working it around house sales, end of jobs, flights etc. It can all become a bit confusing, but remember there are lots of people on here that are ready to lend a helping hand and some great advice!

I have an English mate that has his property as a short term rental near the beach. Its designed for people for a few weeks, couple of months whilst you get settle before finding the place you want. Can hunt the details down if you wish.

That would be brill if you could, any information is really apriciated ,thanks Kerry.