• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Just wondering if any of you live in O'Sullivans Beach.

1017 times
      Quote Originally Posted by deardos View Post
      Hello All,

I posted this thead to see what the area is actually like. I appreciate everybodies honesty, blunt or otherwise. I have previously lived in Perth and some areas were worse than others but not as bad as some areas such as the Langworthy Estate in Salford.

Thank you for all your comments to this thread I am currently in the UK looking for areas to move in Adelaide.
      No, there's nothing like the roughest housing estates in the UK here in Adelaide, but then there's nothing like the poshest estates such as Surrey's Wentworth either! (incidentally I know Salford well - hardly recognised much of it when I visited it last, but recognised only too well other parts of it!) Remove the roughest and the poshest of the UK and what you're left with is pretty much what you'll see here. I wouldn't run any places down - I agree with many of the points made in this thread that any areas can have problem neighbours - but equally I wouldn't move from one end of the world to the other to live in some of the suburbs here.

AussieRob likes this.

Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      1900 times
      This was reported in yesterdays news. Removal of Port Stanvac site and redevelopment of the area.

A MARINA will be investigated as part of a vision to transform the former Port Stanvac oil refinery site.

Onkaparinga Council has voted to look at whether the bay at Port Stanvac would be suitable for a marina once Exxon Mobil demolished the site.
      Councillor Bill Jamieson, who tabled the motion, said he wanted Port Stanvac and neighbouring O'Sullivan Beach to become a "buzzing area".
      "There is already a boat ramp there, so it will add to the precinct and be a great place,'' Cr Jamieson said. "We have quite a lot of people who are into boats.''
      Cr Jamieson said the nearby clifftop would also be ideal for shops and a restaurant.
      O'Sullivan Beach Kiosk owner Rob MacKay said it would be a "dream'' to have a local marina.
      "There is so much potential down here and there's nothing like it down this way,'' Mr MacKay said.

"It would attract more tourists and would mean people wouldn't have to go all the way down to Glenelg for a marina.''
      There is also a disused jetty at Port Stanvac
      noworriesmate likes this.
      Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123