Rental on arrival?

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone used the rented accomadation provided by the SA gov (I think) for migrants?

Or if not, where did you stay when you arrived?

Laura x

Hi Laura,

Take a look at Tim's new webpage www.rentalsinoz.com as there's some good short term lets on there. Also look at www.adelaidebound.com its full of info about accommodation from caravan parks to hotels.

Personally we stayed at friends for a couple of weeks when we first came across, but I guess not everyone is quite that lucky to "know" someone here.

Cheers

Judi

Guest Libby1971

Hi

We stayed in the OAA provided by the state when we got here. Some people may have got nicer places to stay than ours but it was okay. From the UK we thought about staying for the full 12 weeks purely for financial reasons. When we got here we changed our minds form a settling point of view and moved within 3 weeks.

The accommodation was basic, extremely basic, and dated. But it was clean, cheap and well located so can't fault it there. We had everything we needed and at a good price.

Libby

We used the OOA when we arrived a year ago. There is only 2 of us and we were allocated a 1 bedroomed place in Salisbury Downs, which is a less desirable area in Adelaide.

The place was fine for short term and bridged the gap when we arrived as we did not know anyone in Adelaide. We were grateful for somewhere to stay in the short term.

I would echo what Libby said, the accommodation was basic, clean and cheap. We were close to public transport but it took about 45 mins - 1 hour to get into the city centre on the bus. We moved after 2 weeks because my partner got a job and we wanted to be closer to the city and move to a more desirable area.

I would say if you are offered accommodation, take it while you find your feet, but don't expect hotel standards.

Hope this helps.

Guest Happychick

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get an idea on how long it took you to get a long term rental on arrival. I know it all depends on where you want to live (just wanted to get an idea), we have some where for the first 5 weeks, is this long enough,,

thanks in advance for any replies

Lisa

Guest guest569
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get an idea on how long it took you to get a long term rental on arrival. I know it all depends on where you want to live (just wanted to get an idea), we have some where for the first 5 weeks, is this long enough,,

thanks in advance for any replies

Lisa

More than enough Lisa.