Sellicks Beach??

Guest Paula H

Hi all

Moved to Adelaide last sat and have fallen in love with what we have experienced so far

Possibly moving to sellicks beach, I know it's seriously south but wondered what people's views are on it? Anyone else live this way or am I the only one?

Don't know it. But for me, seeing where it is on the map, that is way to far out for me but then I know where I want to be and its defo more in Adelaide, not one of the suburbs right down south. I been to some of the suburbs down that way and while they look lovely, it just isn't where we want to be.

But if you like it and it has everything you want then go for it. The only thing I'd be worried about is getting to work and also is there enough for the kids as they grow without having to jump in the car all the time? And do you mind being so far away from Adelaide itself? Its a fair old drive to anywhere from out there. Its got to be over an hour to the city itself I'd reckon.

Guest SA Great

Yeah Snifter has got a point but Sellicks is a great area although a long way from the city. Really depends on your lifestyle. I like to hit the city on Sat nights and its only a $40 cab fare home to Flagstaff hill but if that doesnt bother you then go for it. Hope all goes well for you.

Guest vikkiann

What I mean is .... There really isn't a lot here in Aldinga and as much as I love it here, it drives me crazy that the shops are rubbish and having to drive to Seaford. There's even less in Sellicks :)

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

It is quiet down here and you do have to drive everywhere but for me I'd say that the supermarkets etc in Aldinga are fine for day to day. Seaford/Noarlunga are close enough if you do need other stuff.

Maybe I'm just not as much of a shopaholic as Vikki :biglaugh::tongue:

Guest bidsandrew

We love it further down but just feel it is too far, but you do get alot more for your money and I think as someone else said the shops in Aldinga are fine for day to day shopping.

I know a few people who live in Sellicks and do love it but do also feel it is quite far out from anywhere, saying that if it wasnt for schools we would live as far down as we could!

Good luck with whatever you decide

Depends on what you want.

I think long term it will prove to be a good buy as they know they have to improve the infrastructure around Aldinga.

I know there was recent talk of a business hub being created and the rail link is expected to continue down to Aldinga at some point.

Have you looked at Maslin Beach this would of been my choice but the wife and daughter chose Port Noarlunga Sth. Personally I think its a lovely little area that doesn't look as if it can be developed too much more.

Good luck.

We have lived in Sellicks Beach for two years. We love it and the beach is great for walking the dog and the normal beach activities. It is generally quieter down here and most people view it as their beach! Holiday makers do make it busier on the beach at peak times, just reminds you of how lucky we are. Recently, the general store was take over by Jimmie who owns Jimmie in Aldinga. It is much better than before and he will be having chairs and tables out in the summer.

My wife works at the RAH and she does have a fair drive, but she would not move closer. You do have to drive everywhere, but I don't mind. It can get windy down here and there is a bit on the new builds where the wind drives through - there's a reason why they do windsurfing near there.

You're welcome to pop around if you like, just pm me.

Cooler

Hi all

Moved to Adelaide last sat and have fallen in love with what we have experienced so far

Possibly moving to sellicks beach, I know it's seriously south but wondered what people's views are on it? Anyone else live this way or am I the only one?

• 2 weeks later...