will trade liquor for personal services

Guest USA soon just SA

Guest USA soon just SA

Now that I have your attention, heres the scoop:

my wife and I are trying to line up a property for permanent rental before we arrive, and the selection is TOTAL CRAP! But the good news is that we have found a fabulous place in craigburn farm we want to start the application process for, but the agent requires us to have someone inspect the property on our behalf first.

So here is the offer:

If anyone in the next few days can arrange a short 15-20 minute inspection of the property to just report back that "yep, that's the proerty as shown in the advertisement", then we will buy them few 6-packs or a bottle of wine for the favor (thinking the $30-$50 range). Of course we could just pay someone to do it, but that is less friendly, but will still be welcomed.

Any takers, let us know.

Edited by USA soon just SA
spelling

Guest nakigirl

I would be very cautious about signing into a rental agreement before you see it yourself. Having seen some amazing looking places on the net and then visiting them to find they were nothing like what was being advertised I would very much advise waiting till you can look in person. Even someone looking on your behalf does not mean they will see things how you would. At one property we looked at another couple were also viewing it and were raving about how lovely the place was and what a great location it was, our opinion was the complete opposite, the place was a dump and the location was awful. It doesn't take long to find a rental property when you get here, we found ours within two weeks.

Guest Guest75

Craigburn Farm is not a bad area.

We were going to move there but just could not find the right house. We were looking at the more established part around Grand Boulevard.

Not far from the town center of Blackwood and decent run into the city and Marion Westfield shopping town.

Seriously it is unwise to sign up before you see it.

We all look with different eyes.

If you want to PM the details I'll give you my opinion as I see it online............. In confidence BTW!

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
Even someone looking on your behalf does not mean they will see things how you would. At one property we looked at another couple were also viewing it and were raving about how lovely the place was and what a great location it was, our opinion was the complete opposite, the place was a dump and the location was awful. It doesn't take long to find a rental property when you get here, we found ours within two weeks.

Completely agree with the above! We even viewed some houses when we arrived that hubby came out of saying he could live there... Not A Chance!!! :confused:

I agree with all the other posters.As has been said it really is not a huge problem to find somewhere suitable within a week or two with determination.You need to see the place you are going to live in,and get a feel for the surrounding area.There really are some horrendous dumps here that would leave you aghast.There are also some lovely properties in fine areas which would cost the same,or even less!You would be better off finding a place yourself.Best of luck.

Have you been to Adelaide before? If so and you are happy with the area then getting someone to look on your behalf cannot hurt, but get them to take photos (of the house and street outside) and draw a sketch of the layout of the house. This way you can be a bit more clear on what the house is really like and if it will suit your needs.

If you haven't been to Adelaide before then forget trying to secure rental before getting here. While on paper an area might seem ideal, have all the things you want and get glowing reviews from other people you might get here and find that it really just doesn't feel right. There is no substitute for going and actually seeing a place for yourself. You don't want to sign up to a rental, get here and find you really don't like the area and either be stuck there for 12 months or have to pay a small fortune to break the lease on a rental house.