Migration to Adelaide

Guest chaman

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to migrate with my family (wife & kid) to Adelaide next month and looking for house. Can anybody help/guide me where to live for 2-3 weeks initially in cheap and better way? I am basically Process (Chemical) engg and looking for job in south australia.

Appreciate for your help.

Rgds,

I can give you two options.

Option number one is to stay at Margerita's place where we stayed when we (2 adults and 2 children) first came to Adelaide. The place is is run by a lady named Kris whom you can trust and she is a senior member on this forum. I chose this offer because I knew that we all will be going through a culture shock so I thought that staying in a fully furnished house with a kitchen is a better option than a hotel. However, it is not an 'inexpensive' option. Nontheless after you arrive here you will realise that few things are inexpensive in Australia.

Option number two is to try iStay Precinct 185 Morphett Street, CBD, 5000 Adelaide. Their price was once like $115 for a night in a 2bd apartment for 4 people. Eventually I did not have to book this hotel so I do not know what it's like inside

Check their latest prices with booking.com or hotelclub.com (these I used often). Maybe if you stay longer (you mentioned 2 or 3 weeks) you can negotiate the price.

You've left it a bit late to be booking short term furnished I'd say. Most of those places (at least the ones from members on here) tend to be well booked up this time of year.

You can try checking out this section http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/accommodation-available/ and looking for threads regarding short term furnished rentals from members. Tamara, Tyke, Kris, elainew, Roo1, likesshopping and Damms can all be found advertising on here if you look (apologies if I've missed any of you, so many names to try to recall). But I don't know if any of them have space next month.

Generally there are not many cheap options. You could try hostels but am not sure of costs. Or camping perhaps? Might be cheaper, but as its high summer you might find that more expensive or not available.

Be prepared you may well have to fork out for a small apartment or hotel room.

Very good point @snifter. I remember booking the Margerita's Place in March for stay in September. @chaman, if you won't find anything suitable on this forum for the time you need, your stay will most probably be expensive like $150 per night per room at least.

Guest chaman
I am a new member to this forum and have a home available from 28th Jan for 8 weeks. Considering the rates you have been quoting this home will be most affordable.

Its in Christies Beach and about 700 meters from the beach. Shops are up the street (about 200meters) bus about 100 meters and major shopping centre is about 2km away (Colonnades). The home has three bedrooms, one bathroom, lockup garage for two cars, lounge, kitchen, laundry, sunroom and good size backyard. Has good security with electric roller shutters etc.

If interested I can send photos to show all.

Hi Jacqui72,

Thanks buddies for replying to my thread. Yeah it would be very much appreciated if you can send me pictures and weekly quote.