Breaking a lease

Guest Guest9815

Guest Guest9815

Hi

I was wondering if anyone renting a property through Timms Letting Agents has ever broken a lease?

I'm breaking my lease in March, I will be 6 months into a 12 month lease, so far Timms have been very good, I just hope they don't let me down when it comes to returning our bond as they will have a legal battle on their hands, as I said they have been very good so I don't think this will be the case, I just wanted to find out in advance if anyone has had problems with them.

As to be expected we have looked after the house and will leave it as we found it, if not better!

The reason I write this post is because all I ever hear is that no one ever gets their bond back..? not from Timms but in general..

I am a landlord in the uk, whenever my tenants move out they always receive their bond back on the day of the inspection should everything be ok.

Please PM me if you wish to leave any negative feedback.

Thanks

Chris

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Hiya, can't help with Timms but we broke lease in November. I'd heard all the stories about agents doing everything

they can to keep bond money but have to say ours were fine. We got the whole lot back no problem.

I've rented for around 12 years with four different agents and never had any problems with getting my bond back. It does take time though as the bond is not held by the agent but Consumer and Business Services people. You and the agent have to complete a form and they forward it to the government dept who then issues a cheque to you.

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Housing%2C+property+and+land/Customer+entry+points+and+contacts/Industry+professional+entry+point/Land+agents%2C+auctioneers+and+property+managers/Residential+Bonds+Online+service

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We had ours paid directly into our bank account.

Also, once you and the agent have signed the form, if the form is taken in in person to the CBS they will process it there and then - we had the money back in our account within 24 hours - otherwise if it is posted to them it can take weeks to get it refunded apparantly.