Where is the most British suburb / area in Adelaide

Guest deardos

Guest deardos

Hi all,

i think this is the right area to post this ???

As we all know Elizabeth was the area in the 60's where the poms settled when they first arrived ! Where do you think it is now ? Or which area has the. Biggest British population ?

Guest Guest75

Oi!!!! You lot!!! I'm loving it in HC! Our street is VERY multicultural. 2 Pom family,plenty of Aussies, Indian,Greek,American and Chinese! A great bunch I'd add. We all met at a street party a few months ago.

Oi!!!! You lot!!! I'm loving it in HC! Our street is VERY multicultural. 2 Pom family,plenty of Aussies, Indian,Greek,American and Chinese! A great bunch I'd add. We all met at a street party a few months ago.

And are they still talking to you? :biggrin: I went to Hallett Cove once and got lost:unsure:.... Nah used to live at Hallett Cove and you are right it is a nice spot to live and I am not a Pom.

It's difficult to say and I didn't look hard enough into Diane's link, although it probably tells you exactly what you want to know somewhere, but I have to say I don't think I've heard an Aussie voice in Hallet Cove, but it could be because these days I only seem to hear stronger accents which tend to be British. A friend moved house in Seaford Rise, sold there old house to poms, bought a house from Poms and the agent was a pom. Another Aussie mate thinks Aldinga is little britain, he doesn't mind it as he thinks the Brits are a good laugh, but again it gives you an impression of what it's like, without knowing the facts.

And are they still talking to you? :biggrin: I went to Hallett Cove once and got lost:unsure:.... Nah used to live at Hallett Cove and you are right it is a nice spot to live and I am not a Pom.

Then what you doing on this site, wishing you were? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Then what you doing on this site, wishing you were? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Could be Doug!! could be...a lot of my friends and family are Poms or British citizens....and we are all Aussies after all...:biggrin: and so am quite partial to the lovely Poms

Guest Guest75
Not sure that I should have really "liked" :nah:that comment so .....back at you :tongue:.....I am subtle you know:cute:

Yer,like as subtle as wot I yam.

Or as subtle as the chillis a friend gave me last week.

He was pleased to see me a few days after as he forgot to tell me he had put some Ghost Chillis in the bag.

These are officially the hottest chilli's in the world at over 1 Million Scoville Units!:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Fortunately missed them .

https://www.ghostchilipeppers.com/

Would be nice for a really stringy and whingy pom marinade though.

Have we diverted this thread enough??

Guest Guest12727

Assuming this data is correct, the winner in terms of total % of UK origin living in the suburb is Christies Beach, followed by Pt Noarlunga (22%) and Elizabeth (21%). Hallett cove comes in at 13%. Can't find data of the population numbers for each area, so don't know what this means in actual number of people terms.

http://house.ksou.cn/suburbtop.php?sta=sa&cat=Born%20Overseas%20-%20Top%205&name=United%20Kingdom

Clicking on each suburb gives some other useful information.