Murray Bridge?

Guest JULIE210

Guest JULIE210

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone who can tell me what the area of Murray Bridge is like please. We have seen a house there but have no idea if its a good area, close to amenities etc...... Any advice would be very much appreciated. x :)

Guest taffgmg

Hi,

My wife is from Murray Bridge. We are currently living in the UK and about to start our Spouse Visa application but I have been over about 4/5 times. Got married there as well.

I guess it depends what you are looking for. We have decided that we dont want to live in Murray Bridge because it is a bit too far out of the city......about 40/45 mintue drive along the highway.

Where my wife's parents live seems nice. Big houses on big plots. A couple of local super markets with a selection of other small shops pretty much all on one street. everything you need I guess for everyday living. Schools, a hospital, churches....quite nice picnic area down by the river.

Not sure what else I can say.

Martyn

Guest JULIE210

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the information, really appreciate it. Where are you looking to live if you dont mind me asking. Would very much like to know what areas are close to Adelaide city but good areas.

Julie

Guest taffgmg

Hi,

I guess we have the same dilemma as you in that we want to find a "good" area but if its like the UK then a few streets difference can make all the difference as I'm sure most laces have their good and bad areas. We plan to stay with my wife's family until we find work and get ourselves sorted and at the same time start exploring.

From in ternet only I quite like the look of Mount Barker as it is in between adelaide and Murray Bridge and on ly about 20mins from the city. Petty popular though by the looks of it and prices seem to be going up. From the internet I also like the look of Mclaren Vale for some reason although have never been there. I think thats a bit further out.

I think the only way we will be sure is to move and take teh time to explore when we get there. We are not going to rush into buying a house as I hope the next house purchase will be the last so we want to get it right.

Dont let me put you off Murray Bridge. I cant see anything wrong with it except its a small town just that little too far to commute into Adelaide (for us that is) In terms of time its would take I used to commute twice the time when I lived in London....

When do you plan to go out. DO you have any other areas in mind. have you visited before.

Martyn

Guest JULIE210

Hi,

You are right about the dilema, its very difficult because as you say you need to get it right, so we will just carry on looking.

We are due to visit in August. Steve has been to Australia before but not Adelaide but myself and the girls have not been before. We are doing as much research before we go as we can hence being on this site which is great. When we are there we are planning to go and look at a few areas to give us some ideas and will go into some real estate offices as well.

Its all very exciting albeit a bit daunting but we cant wait to go!

Julie

There are new houses being built around the smaller towns near Mt Barker, eg Littlehampton. It's still quite rural around there as well but it is colder than down in the city in the winter. The blocks of land tend to be on the bigger side aswell and the primary schools are small, but usually very community orientated.

Having lived in Murray Bridge for a time, in a friends house when we came over last November, I got quite used to Murray Bridge.

It is a small town situated on the River Murray, and has numerous amenities. A Good Golf Course, Motor Racing track, Race course for horses, Swimming Pool, as well as a nice area down by the river, with childrens swings etc. Monarto Zoo is also close by.

Most industries are represented in the town, but meat preparation is one of the largest employers, as they have 2 large processing plants.

It has 2 large supermarkets, a small shopping arcade, and a new bigger one in the course of planning.

It is deemed a growing town.

Property is still quite cheap compared to Adelaide, and you will probably get more house for your money.

By the way, it is about 1 hour from Central Adelaide, but almost all of the journey is on a quiet 2 lane Motorway, with a maximum speed of 110 kph, and plenty of police patrols to keep you in check!!!.

Hope this helps.