People's thoughts ?

obxer7

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hmmm... it looks like the ratings come from reviews writen by people who live there so i guess the "ranking" wouldn't be that acurate, i think nearly everyone would have a compleatey different top 10, i certainly would.

There wouldn't be many people who go on line and say where i live is ****, more likely the ones who love the area (or are telling themselves they do!)

Its maybe a good place to get some personal opinions of areas i just think bear in mind the people who live in a place and hate it or have even moved out.

Have you been to Adelaide? Do you have any idea where you want to be, restrictions ie jobs, schools etc, maybe what you think you'd like now isn't what you'd eventually want. It might be an idea to narrow you searching a bit taking in to account any restrictions, if you like city, hills, beaches etc and maybe ask some questions on here about areas then.

Good luck with it all!:biggrin:

I've taken a look at all the 3 suburbs we have lived in and the one I would personally rank the highest - where we live now - is ranked the lowest of the 3, so I would say it's very subjective. Also some of the suburbs ranked in the top 20 I personally would steer clear of. But everyone is after different things so I would be very loathed to make a decision based on that if I were you.

Guest Guest75
Hmmm... it looks like the ratings come from reviews writen by people who live there so i guess the "ranking" wouldn't be that acurate, i think nearly everyone would have a compleatey different top 10, i certainly would.

There wouldn't be many people who go on line and say where i live is ****, more likely the ones who love the area (or are telling themselves they do!)

Its maybe a good place to get some personal opinions of areas i just think bear in mind the people who live in a place and hate it or have even moved out.

Have you been to Adelaide? Do you have any idea where you want to be, restrictions ie jobs, schools etc, maybe what you think you'd like now isn't what you'd eventually want. It might be an idea to narrow you searching a bit taking in to account any restrictions, if you like city, hills, beaches etc and maybe ask some questions on here about areas then.

Good luck with it all!:biggrin:

Very true.

I have just had a wander through the area that I live in and notice that it can be very slanted. Pointedly a real estate agent has given lots of reviews on lots of streets!!!

Seems a bit naughty to me!!

Would take all that with a pinch of salt - Its nothing like MY personal top 20 but this appears to be based on reviews and not housing/schools/facilities/safety/parkland/views/public transport etc.......

O'Halleron Hill (3) and Seaview Downs (2) Nice places but I wouldn't put them that high in the ratings.

Flagstaff Hill 82, North Brighton 105 and Hallett Cove 85? I'm sure many living South of the City would disagree

Guest Django
:biglaugh: What a load of tosh. Ignore this list all those not here yet. Yes there are some nice suburbs listed high up but there are also suburbs very highly rated where we (posties) would ask for a stab proof vest if we had to deliver there. :unsure: Clarence Gdns?? Sorry I wouldn't live there if you paid me and gave me the house rent free. Westbourne Park (only separated from Clarence Gdns by Cumberland Park)is lovely, but you would need a lovely bank balance to be able to live there.