Arriving on November 2nd. Scary!

Deanoandlesley

Hi everyone.

Wel its been a log old slog but eventually we're emigrating to Adelaide on the 2nd of November. We havent booked the flights yet but will be in the next few days. We've had our visa for 3 years but for one reason and another we haven't been in a position to make the move. But we are now!

We did come over 3 years ago to validate our visas and met a few people from P.I.A. but that seems a long time ago now!

So although I do realise that this question gets asked almost daily but if anyone knows of a short term rental available on the 2nd of November for 4 weeks I'd very much appreciate any help. I'm just in the process of e-mailing a few places off Stayz.com etc but i thought it's worth asking on here.

I got my visa through my trade, I'm a pipefitter/welder here mostly working on commercial and industrial heating and air conditioning installations but I've installed most types of pipework over the years. I'm sorting my CV out this week to email to as many company's and agency's as i can find, also I'm getting in touch with TAFE to see how i go about getting my welding tickets when I arrive. I was kinda hoping I might get work on the new Royal Adelaide hospital. Anybody working on that project?

We've got Anglo Pacific coming on Friday to go through the shipping of all our belongings (anyone dealt with them?)

I'm sure I'll have a million other queries over the coming months,but it's very exciting!

Cheers in advance.

Dean and Lesley.:smile:

Fab news for you :)

First off, some of our members have short term furnished rentals, take a look at some threads in the Renting and Real Estate section to see some recommendations by others for them.

Secondly, I've heard decent things about Anglo Pacific. TBH no matter how many good reviews, there will always be someone who has a not so good experience. All I will say is get in about 3 or 4 companies to give you quotes and compare their cubic feet and their price. And then when you've gone over their quotes and small print and picked one or two out, haggle a bit to get the price down if you can.

We'll be arriving about a month before you and are already underway and have booked flights, gotten some quotes for shipping etc. We are staying with family to begin with so don't have to get that sorted on top.

Looking forward to hear how it all goes for you in the run up to leaving the UK :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

We arrive the day before on the 1st! We have a rental for the first month in Port Noarlunga, then have to find somewhere longer term. It is hectic now though, getting kids, dogs and containers sorted. We are shipping with the people starting with P - they were about £300 cheaper for a twenty footer.

Best of luck with the move, it feels like a rollercoaster.

Guest Gulsanga

Arriving on 2nd of Oct scary is a small word gulp* my husband left today and we will join him in a month. We have heard the best place to rent an apartment is Norwood I would love to live there, read great things bout it. All the best for your move. Adelaide it is !!

Hi

we land on 20th sept and hav booked a short term furnished house for a month through this website. The house is in warradale and the owners site is http://www.warmwelcome.webs.com

we have used Anglo as got a reduction when matching quotes from Pickfords but they are much the same prices they both came recommended by friends who have used them. One thing to shop around for is maritime insurance as there is a big difference in price some charge 3% where asn others charge 1.2% for the same service

we now have a house ful of boxes and have sold lots of stuff on eBay and car boots its now a good time to start de cluttering as you won't believe all the stuff you have!

Guest sithewindows

Hi Blue

Where in Port Noarlunga are you going? We are staying our first month on The Esplanade. Weather is great now, just come back from the beach.

Hi Guys

We arrive the day before on the 1st! We have a rental for the first month in Port Noarlunga, then have to find somewhere longer term. It is hectic now though, getting kids, dogs and containers sorted. We are shipping with the people starting with P - they were about £300 cheaper for a twenty footer.

Best of luck with the move, it feels like a rollercoaster.

Guest vikkiann

Do you have any idea on the areas you'd like to be in?

I know a couple of people who own short term rentals ....

The Damms post on here own acacia rentals and like shopping post on here and own coast and vines rentals.

Both of these ladies are fab and helpful, have fully furnished properties in Moana.