Short term rental company`s

Guest taffs

Guest taffs

Hello all, has anyone used or had any dealings with Acacia Rentals or know anything about them ?. They have some nice 3/4 bedroom houses for rent and was wondering before we booked, due to all the cons going on out there with on line rentals, if anyone had any feedback about Acacia rental company.

Cheers Taffs

Acacia rentals are a legitimate rental company and have been renting properties for a number of years.

If you are worries about a rental being a scam you could look to see if they have an ABN. This Australian Business Number can be used to access online details about a company. If you are asked to make payment you should be provided with a business account number. A business licence has to produced to open an account in that business name.

There does appear to be a lot of scams happening right now. One of my guests called me today to let me know that someone had just knocked on their door to see if the house that they were in was in fact a rental home. They want family to visit later this year but were worried that it may not be legitimate. Apparently people are arriving to find that properties that they have paid for are not rentals at all. Fake web sites, false pictures...people need to be wary!

Tamara

Guest taffs
Acacia rentals are a legitimate rental company and have been renting properties for a number of years.

If you are worries about a rental being a scam you could look to see if they have an ABN. This Australian Business Number can be used to access online details about a company. If you are asked to make payment you should be provided with a business account number. A business licence has to produced to open an account in that business name.

There does appear to be a lot of scams happening right now. One of my guests called me today to let me know that someone had just knocked on their door to see if the house that they were in was in fact a rental home. They want family to visit later this year but were worried that it may not be legitimate. Apparently people are arriving to find that properties that they have paid for are not rentals at all. Fake web sites, false pictures...people need to be wary!

Tamara

Hi Tamara

Thanks for taking the time to explain the system and to confirm if a company is legit or fake

very much appreciated

Taffs

Guest sithewindows

What about AWARE? Do you know anything about this company? I have booked and paid for a month with large deposit and am to pick key up from property. Getting worried as the replies take ages when I send emails to them. I have been told this is normal for South Australia by someone, but they do live in WA!

Can anyone put my mind at ease. Thought I would be ok as they are on RealEstate.com

Guest Guest75
What about AWARE? Do you know anything about this company? I have booked and paid for a month with large deposit and am to pick key up from property. Getting worried as the replies take ages when I send emails to them. I have been told this is normal for South Australia by someone, but they do live in WA!

Can anyone put my mind at ease. Thought I would be ok as they are on RealEstate.com

Not heard of them myself, done a quick web search and they do seem to exist. The owner looks a lot older on one web page I found her on!!!

Back to the main question...........

Yep,good idea to ask around and on here.

Often guests who have stayed in that short term furnished rental will come forward to recommend them.

AWARE Properties are a proper realestate agent who deal with hundreds of clients hence you won't get the personal touch, but they are legit http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=78008193244

Guest sithewindows

Hi Ktee

Thanks for the info, all looked genuine untill I read the start of this thread. My worry was I had paid 4 weeks and a $2000 bond then to be told key would be left at the property for me. Thanks again.

AWARE Properties are a proper realestate agent who deal with hundreds of clients hence you won't get the personal touch, but they are legit http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbnHistory.aspx?abn=78008193244

Guest vikkiann

Acacia rentals are owned by Mike and Kim.

Kim posts on here as the Damms.

I personally know Kim and her houses. They are well equipped and spacious, perfect for newbies.

I'd highly recommend them.

Vikki

x

Hi Ktee

Thanks for the info, all looked genuine untill I read the start of this thread. My worry was I had paid 4 weeks and a $2000 bond then to be told key would be left at the property for me. Thanks again.

I can understand your worry we were the exact same.

It does seem to be the norm for people to leave keys at properties. We often go up to Cooktown and the key is left in the same place every time. I suppose it shows they are trusting as well.

I don't agree with the $2000 bond although I know other companies who do this. It just seems very steep.

Acacia rentals are owned by Mike and Kim.

Kim posts on here as the Damms.

I personally know Kim and her houses. They are well equipped and spacious, perfect for newbies.

I'd highly recommend them.

Vikki

x

Thanks Vikki

YesAcacia rentals is real it's my company :biggrin: Weve been away on holiday so i couldnt reply

As Tamara says always look for an ABN Australian Business Number when you get a quote and a company bank account where you pay you deposit into. All these little checks will ensure the company is legit and professional.

Thanks Kim

x