Huntfield Heights, Hackham????

the fishers

Hi Guys

I know this is a tough question to answer but maybe if anyone knows throughl iving or working in thes areas.. Huntfield heights Hackam etc, are they as bad as i am lead to believe.. we will be moving to Oz with very little money so these places are probably our only options for buying a house...!

look forward to hearing from you all....

Heidi

xx

:mad:

Guest Guest75

Hi Guys

I know this is a tough question to answer but maybe if anyone knows throughl iving or working in thes areas.. Huntfield heights Hackam etc, are they as bad as i am lead to believe.. we will be moving to Oz with very little money so these places are probably our only options for buying a house...!

Heidi

xx

If you are looking at the new development there (either side of the express way) - I reckon it's a great place.

Bit of a hotspot and should increase somewhat when the building finishes.

20% increase on average over the last year already.

It is one of the areas we are looking in for a long term investment and I do know some lovely posters on here have a house there already.

There are some old and tired houses in Hackham but in the main the old stigma for the area is disappearing now.Some very good streets and some "tired" streets.

I know a lot of investors are keeping an eye on the place.

Best to have a good drive around the area as we have done,there are some real hidden gem houses and streets.;)

Hackham West is what gives hackham its bad name, but these places are slowly changing and the new developments make a big difference to the area. The main thing to do is to get a foot in the door with what you can comfortably afford. If that means doing up an older place, then at least it is yours to do with as you like.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi Heidi

People usually get warned off suburbs and areas by people who have never lived in them and just go on hear say, these areas have a lot of social housing in pockets but there are also some really nice places to be had, we rented (Paringa View) in Huntfield Heights for 12 months while our house was being built in Onkaparinga Hills next suburb to Hackham, it was a really quiet area and we never saw a hint of trouble, well located for Colonades, shopping mall, railway and bus station, hospital, cinemas,ice rink,bowling alley and minutes from some of the finest beaches in the South, 10 minutes from Maclaren Vale and all its wineries, 35-45 minutes from the city and 35 minutes from Victor Harbour.

We liked the area and location and because of this we decided to buy an investment property in Huntfield Heights and I can assure you if the area was what like some people say I would not have been spending my money there.

Good luck wherever you end up but least you realise how much money you will have to spend and cut your cloth accordingly, any more questions please feel free to PM me,

Guzzler

Hi Guys

Heidi

xx

Hi Heidi

We have decided to build at Huntfield Heights after looking at alot of new developments,

the decision was based on the proximity to everything and the price of land. We have driven around at different times of the day and not yet seen anything that has put us off, so we are running with it.

Good Luck with the search................

Michelle

I am local to the area to in Onkaparinga Hills, I have to say since moving in I have had the chance to have a good drive & look around, there are some 'tired' streets/houses but I have not personally seen an ounce of bother, you must look for yourself. Huntfield Heights is a quiet area, a couple of Mum's from school live there & they have no trouble.

Good luck

• 2 years later...
Guest delboy1964

:Dhi

i have been warned off this area but i belive its what you make of it so i am looking to move in and around there .

it sounds like a good place concidering all the amenities there and services close by.

ppl used to knock christies beach but what a turn around that is now everywhere has nice pockets .

can anyone tell me what actulally gose on or what sort of trouble gose on? ppl say things are bad but dont tell you what they are? dose anyone really know or is it just idle gossip.

if you live there and know of isolated incidents let us know. because saying they are troubled areas is quite broad and could be said about any suburb .

i am looking at this area so any info on it would be helpfull:D

Guest steve&tracy

we rented in Huntfeild heights when we first arrived in adelaide and had no problems what so ever. Ideal area ,close to shopping at collonandes, the beaches and wineries, cant get much better than that.

Guest delboy1964

i heard that ther are bikie gangs living there and lot of bikie problems drugs ect ect but i cant see it am i nieve or is it there ? and in plain sight?

richard

I would suggest renting in an area first to get a feel for the place and see what it is really like before committing money and buying. Areas are usually cheap for a reason, even if it's not obvious straight away. If a house is cheap to buy then likewise it will be cheap if and when you sell it. Some say it's better to have the smallest house in a good area than the biggest house in a bad area.

Guest cbeeb

my BIL live over the road from hackam east primary , for wahtever reason he goes to school outwith the area. they have a footie club there and a social club that we have been to one more than one occasion and they have a swing park, but it would be a more deprived area but my kids go to gymnastics in the same school formed by a community club really affordable and the people are great depends what you want. I do not think i would live there but that is me

Guest lesade

Hi,

We have been renting in Huntfield Heights ( paringa view estate ) for 2 1/2 years now, we love it the estate is very quiet and i have never seen or heard of any trouble, ( certainly don't hear any hoons doing their donuts or whatever they do !!! :wacko: )

The estate has certainly built up in the 2 1/2 years, we are looking into buying on the estate as we love it, the neighbours are friendly, and it has easy access to everything, including the expressway.....

Like others have said, some of the houses don't look very nice on the outside in Hackham, but apart from the odd bit of graffitti, it seems a nice area, i would certainly live there.

My parents live in Morphett vale, and we stayed there for 3 months when we first came over, they have been there 6 years now and have never had any trouble, a few loud parties etc ..... but hey, you get that everywhere..... i think that the main point is these areas are just like all other areas, but the houses look " old" from the outside and some not so well looked after, but i would give these areas 10/10 :D

Guest BurgessFamily

We've been renting in Huntfield Heights for a while and to be honest it's a nice quiet suburb. We haven't heard or seen any trouble and though we are on the move, we will only be moving down the road.

It's very close to some really nice beaches and not too far from some great wildlife parks. A short trip in the car and you can spend the day in Victor Harbor.

i heard that ther are bikie gangs living there and lot of bikie problems drugs ect ect but i cant see it am i nieve or is it there ? and in plain sight?

richard

There are bikeis gang members everywhere they do not all drive bikes there is one that lives in Seaford who used to drive about in an old rolls royce.They have there meeting rooms at old Noarlunga might even be Seaford its just off seaford road but you never hear a thing from there.They keep themself to themselfs.