wanted : 1-2 bedroom apartment for rent starting 1st October

Guest Haythem Hassan

Guest Haythem Hassan

Me & My wife will arrive in Adelaide 21 September and Im looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom furnished apartment. Between $300 to $400 a week.

We still don't know where we will work, so we prefer the following areas

Adelaide CBD and adjacent areas like North Adelaide, Norwood, Unley, Mile End

Please contact me via pm. thanks, Haythem

Edited by Haythem Hassan

Me & My wife will arrive in Adelaide 21 September and Im looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom furnished apartment. Between $300 to $370 a week.

We still don't know where we will work, so we prefer the following areas

Adelaide CBD and adjacent areas like North Adelaide, Norwood, Unley, Mile End

Please contact me via pm. thanks, Haythem

Hi Haythem Haasan, I think you will have to relook at what you are willing to pay, those are expensive area's. Google up furnished apartments in Adelaide and see what comes up. I have not seen anybody on this site with properties for those area's.

I am staying in north Adelaide in units managed by Adelaide regent apartments they manage several compexex around the areas, try them.

Good luck

Guest Haythem Hassan

Hi, thanks for your reply, I understand what you are saying, apartments in these areas with this budget are limited

but I saw some apartments on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au and gumtree.com.au

in these areas with this budget, but as I said, just few of them

but what you suggest, what could be the suitable budget ?

Hi, thanks for your reply, I understand what you are saying, apartments in these areas with this budget are limited

but I saw some apartments on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au and gumtree.com.au

in these areas with this budget, but as I said, just few of them

but what you suggest, what could be the suitable budget ?

The cheapest where I am taying is a studio apartment advertised at $410 this includes fresh linen once a week. The same group are also advertising units in Glenelg that are in you price range.

But for the areas you are looking at then you need to be looking at $500 minimum.

good hunting

I think the relevant question is how long you want to have the place for. If you are looking for a short-term rental (i.e. just for a few days or weeks) than your budget is probably too low for the areas in question (as Keith&Linda pointed out). However if you are looking for something more long-term (i.e. usually a year) than your budget seems to be at least feasible though on the low side (and the furnishing part might be complicated).

Not sure where you are coming from, but it's probably too hard to arrange a long-term rental from abroad, so either you have to spent more initially or start out in a different area in the short-term and then look for a longer-term place once you get there.

Lots of the too good to be true prices on eBay (and for fully furnished in those areas those are too good to be true) are scams! Generally they will tell you they are overseas, you can send the money to them by western union Etc and they will post you the keys. Of course, the place either doesn't exist, or has people happily living there paying much more rent.

Personslly I'd leave any on Gumtree well alone.

Those prices really are low for those areas. Even if there ARE some at those prices, there will be people queuing down the road for them. Chances are having just arrived they will give them to someone else over you. Someone already settled in jobs and with Australian references.

I would really be rethinking either your areas or your prices.

Guest Haythem Hassan
I think the relevant question is how long you want to have the place for. If you are looking for a short-term rental (i.e. just for a few days or weeks) than your budget is probably too low for the areas in question (as Keith&Linda pointed out). However if you are looking for something more long-term (i.e. usually a year) than your budget seems to be at least feasible though on the low side (and the furnishing part might be complicated).

Not sure where you are coming from, but it's probably too hard to arrange a long-term rental from abroad, so either you have to spent more initially or start out in a different area in the short-term and then look for a longer-term place once you get there.

Thanks Flo, yes im looking for long term at least 6 months to 1 year

I will arrive on 21st September and I will start contacting agents and owners but I was trying to know if there's available apartments within this budget

Guest Haythem Hassan
Lots of the too good to be true prices on eBay (and for fully furnished in those areas those are too good to be true) are scams! Generally they will tell you they are overseas, you can send the money to them by western union Etc and they will post you the keys. Of course, the place either doesn't exist, or has people happily living there paying much more rent.

Personslly I'd leave any on Gumtree well alone.

Those prices really are low for those areas. Even if there ARE some at those prices, there will be people queuing down the road for them. Chances are having just arrived they will give them to someone else over you. Someone already settled in jobs and with Australian references.

I would really be rethinking either your areas or your prices.

Thanks alot Blossom, I will take this in consideration for sure :)