• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
    Like Tree3Likes
    • 3 Post By Tamara (Homes Down Under)

Thread: rented accomodation

8 times

rented accomodation

What appliances does rented unfurnished houses come with..( Fridge ; stove etc)

Has anybody moved to AUS and not brought any stuff from home country and started fresh.

Bought all stuff in OZ.Is this an option???
      IELTS L 8 , R 7.5 , W 7 , S 7 , O 7.5 ; TRA submitted Feb 2013 ; Approved 15 April 2013 ; EOI Submited May 2013 ; SS for Adelaide applied July 2013 ; Approved August2013 . 489 Visa application lodged 04 Oct 2013 visa approved 0n 14 Nov 13..arrived in Adelaide on 27 Fe2014

Aberfoyle Park
      218 times
      Rented accommodation which I have rented usually has no appliances except a stove and cooktop, - no fridge, washing machine or even heater.
      There are places around where you can buy second hand, and especially Gumtree, which is the first place I look if I need anything cheaply.

1826 times
      Agreed. Oven and cooktop only. Some houses have air con and heaters, some don't. Some come with a dishwasher.
      I came with nothing. I got lots of things through freecycle which we replaced for newer things as we went. Then put the things back on freecycle.

Port Noarlunga, Adelaide, South Australia
      1899 times
      When we sold our house the buyers wanted all the furniture and appliances so we arrived with just personal effects. That was probably a good thing as many of our appliances were not available locally and we wouldn't have been able to repair them. There are items that are very expensive here (beds, matresses) but there are some bargains to be had if you don't mind used goods. There are many garage sales every weekend and you can pick up many items there at very low prices.
      There are also quite a few people who decide that Australia isn't for them and are unfortunately moving back.... and it's possible to purchase goods that are only a few months old. This site is very useful for that and you can often get entire household contents very cheaply.
      If you are buying new appliances and furniture in Australia the prices are negotiable. If you take stores like Goodguys and Harvey Normans you can price match and take prices to them for them to beat...which they will so the advertised price is not the one that you are going to pay.

Adelaide Furnished Rentals. MIGRANT and HOLIDAY HOMES with unlimited internet in popular PORT NOARLUNGA. Walk to beaches, shops, stations. McLaren Vale 12, city 30 mins, beaches 2 mins away. Longer rentals (3 to 12 month) at discounted rates. Australian Business Number: 65261457068