Craigburn Farm

Guest blue

Hi

We have just arrived in Adelaide and are looking to rent our first property - we have seen a lovely house in what looks like a new build development in Craigburnfarm.

Apologies - don't want to offend anyone - but we have been told by someone on-line to avoid this area ......

Looks good to us ?!?!

We are a gay couple and have 2 adopted boys - so it is important that we live in a good area that will be safe and accepting for us.

Can anyone give us some advice - and if there are any good schools in this area.

My husband will be travelling into the CBD from here each day - but we are use to a 1hr commute in the Uk - each way to work.

Thanks

Guest Guest12727

I don't live that way, but have friends who live in Craigburn Farm. They have lived there for at least 15 years, they were some of the first in the development I think. They are a professional couple, he works on Greenhill Rd on edge of CBD, and I haven't heard of there being any particular issues. They are quite discerning. We were up that way last week and we are always struck by how enormous a lot of the houses are - almost obscenely so IMO. I always wonder what the electricity bills of such enormous houses must be! No local knowledge of schools, but the surrounding suburbs, Blackwood, Belair etc are older, established suburbs with good reputations. It is a lovely area to live up there. The only negative I have heard of is that the traffic can be pretty bad getting down the hill in the mornings.

Edited by Guest12727

I am wondering if the person advising you has got mixed up with Craigmore? Craigmore is in the Northern suburbs close to Elizabeth/Smithfield.

Could be, I just did exactly that lol.

We were considering moving around that area just recently, but decided it was too far from my work. It is nice up around there. How accepting they are I couldn't tell you, but more than craigmore for sure lol.