where to visit

Guest neil and mari

Guest neil and mari

Hi we are in adelaide in october to veiw places to live on our return .Can anyone recomend a good place to start,we will have my 16 yr old son with us so any where child friendly ! Thanx Mari:wubclub:

Guest ozzieinuk

Hi, try Mawson Lakes / or if your wanting to be 9km outside of the city centre looking into the Westwood new build development. (www.westwoodsa.com.au). Looking for relaxation by the coast head straight on down to Glenelg, there's shops, pubs, restaurants and ofcourse the beach, houses are a little more expensive in this area. have you checked out realestate.com.au - this will give you an idea on prices. goodluck with your search

julie

Guest ozzieinuk

Hi Mari,

I'm born and bred Adelaidian. Glenelg I can certainly recommend. Mawson Lakes was the new development being built when we visited home 2 years ago, establishing a new area, with its own shops, parks etc. Westwood is the newest I havent visited and dont know too much about. Depending on your price the east of Adelaide - norwood, crossing around to burnside and to Unley, unley park are all the inner city suburbs, expensive, but lovely old properties, with plenty of cosmopolitian restaurants and little boutiques lining the main roads heading out to these areas.

The coastal areas to keep an eye out for are south of Glenelg, Brighton down to Seacliff, Henley Beach/Grange to the north is also a nice area. the further south along the coast the cheaper your housing. If you dont want to be right by the city, Marion houses a big shopping mall with cinemas, restaurants and shops which services the southern suburbs. West Lakes is on a small scale to Marion but still holds cinema and restaurants. The North you have Tea Tree Plaza another shopping mall servicing the northern suburbs if again you dont want to venture right into the city.

I'm probably just confusing you now but if you have any questions just let me know and I'll try and answer for you.

j