Short Term Rental from 10 Feb to 24 Feb 2014 - please advise

Guest chelsyleon

Guest chelsyleon

Hi Guys,

Myself and my husband booked flights to Adelaide for our first trip. Its 2 weeks plan. I was searching for short term rental and looks like its quite expensive. We are good with a sharing accommodation for 2weeks. please help if you know any place available for these dates. It will be a great help.Or please suggest some agencies who provide service at reasonable rates.

Also, I will be staying back in Adelaide for another one month trying my luck to find a job. :) Please advise, what's the best option for accommodation for this one month period.(for 1 person).

Thanks a lot.

Have a great day!

Not sure about the short term rental thing or how old you are, but if you are on your own then backpacking is quite a good and reasonable thing to do on your own, short term rentals are very expensive and the less you stay the more it will be, where in ADelaide are you planning on staying ?? I think you'll find it hard for just 2 weeks too but I may be wrong x would love to help you out but sadly our place is pretty small :)

Hi Guys,

Myself and my husband booked flights to Adelaide for our first trip. Its 2 weeks plan. I was searching for short term rental and looks like its quite expensive. We are good with a sharing accommodation for 2weeks. please help if you know any place available for these dates. It will be a great help.Or please suggest some agencies who provide service at reasonable rates.

Also, I will be staying back in Adelaide for another one month trying my luck to find a job. :) Please advise, what's the best option for accommodation for this one month period.(for 1 person).

Thanks a lot.

Have a great day!

We stayed at a short term rental but we did book it months ahead. We found it to be a bargain for what we got. A whole home for less than $80 per night! Compare that with a holiday park or a hotel and they don't charge extra for extra people. Seriously, you get a fully equipped house and ours had internet included and we didn't think that it was expensive at all. More expensive than a backpackers but I guess it depends what you are after.

Guest chelsyleon

Thanks Kadina for your kind thoughts..:) Myself 30 and Jacob is 31. We don't have any specific location preference, only thing we require is connectivity. Thanks Clarkes for the reply, we are looking for something like sharing accommodation where we will hv access to internet facilities.

Guest Guest12727

Have you tried airbnb.com.au?

They have the sort of thing you are asking for. Not a huge selection in Adelaide, but growing all the time. Great to remember for interstate trips in the future.

It is also worth querying the quoted price per night, as 2 weeks is a fairly long stay for this type of accomodation.

Depending on the type of work you are looking for, it may be best to locate closer to The City.

Edited by Guest12727

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot.

Have a great day!

I just happen to have to keep coming to Adelaide for work and have to find this sort of accommodation, in fact the last time was only yesterday. I just google up 'apartments adelaide' and find heaps of choices there, and then just filter my way through them until I get what best suits me. Some of the motels have apartments with kitchenette and washer/dryer, the one I am in at present is not the best I have been in but it's ok for just me, think the wife would not step through the door though! this one is $100 a night but I have paid $140 for a new high-rise apartment in the city plus a daily car park charge.

good luck. Keith

Guest Guest75

It is still peak period so prices are not going to be a bargain.

Just be wary of cheap offers from private individuals or unknown companies - they could be uninsured and have quite poor properties - if they exist at all.

Some have booked and found upon arrival that the property does not exist!!!

Established and respected short term rental owners are registered with an ABN (Australian Business Number) , are fully insured (that's expensive!) and pay tax.

Have you tried airbnb.com.au?

They have the sort of thing you are asking for. Not a huge selection in Adelaide, but growing all the time. Great to remember for interstate trips in the future.

It is also worth querying the quoted price per night, as 2 weeks is a fairly long stay for this type of accomodation.

Depending on the type of work you are looking for, it may be best to locate closer to The City.

I'd second the Airbnb recommendation - we're just back from a week staying in a place through Airbnb in Sydney - very reasonably priced: have a browse on the Adelaide section on their site and contact a few owners. Paying for a whole 3-bedroomed house for just the two of you, which is what a lot of the short term rentals are, will probably work out quite expensive, so if you could find an apartment or a shared house it will work out much cheaper.

I'd be trawling everything from hostels to holiday apartments if if was just hubby and I. I'd not bother with a short term holiday house or anything in that budget or size for a 2 week reccie. I'd look way smaller and hopefully cheaper on the wallet.

I don't know their prices or availability, nor can I recommended it personally but near me in Glenelg is a 12 apartment complex called Corfu holiday units. 2 bedroomed. They have lots of people using them and tbh while probably basic, that sort of thing would do the job. They seem to be booked out this week but perhaps worth checking out to see price and availability.

Also if you are happy with just a room consider a youth hostel? Hopefully would be cheaper over a house or apartment.

And some who do all the above can be as bad as those tyke refer to.

along with the good there is bad in all, research is important.

in the past I have helped people out and never had any complaints, in fact always have our guests more than they thought they would get.

some people like to cover the cost of sharing their homes and if you can find somebody who is recommended, go for it!

The stringfellows stopped with us and they certainly appreciated the help..

The saying, you pay for what you get, is often the case..

Just be wary of cheap offers from private individuals or unknown companies - they could be uninsured and have quite poor properties - if they exist at all.

Some have booked and found upon arrival that the property does not exist!!!

Damn so you shouldn't have stayed at ours then Hun when you came to Cairns :tongue:

I understand that on gumtree there are lots of scams I've had it happen to members down in Melbourne, but remember not everyone is a scammer. People just need to make sure they get proof that the advertiser owns that property before sending any money, if going for any properties on gumtree I would be asking for a copy of their photo I'd and proof they own the house like a rates notice, utility bill etc.

Guest chelsyleon

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies which helped us in our research and I found airbnb was really good.

But glad to say that we were really lucky that one of our friends offered free accommodation for us for these 2 weeks. :)

Thanks again and have a great day!

Chelsy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi chelseyleon,

just saw your post so it's probably a bit late. My sister has an apartment for short term let on the foreshore at Semaphore. I'm sure it becomes vacant on the morning of the 10th Feb. She lists it through Homeaway at $80 per night. This link will get you there http://www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p3700252

Cheers

Chris