Hallett Cove!

Ashleigh

Its popular and cheaper to buy in than some of the suburbs closer to the city. Usually get decent sized plots of land and sub division isn't a thing there (yet). I hear decent things about the schools but you'd have to check them out yourself to make up your own mind.

Doesn't have the best beach if you are after golden sands but it has a lovely reserve to wander and green space. And you can easily travel further along the coast to get to those beaches.

Have you actually been and seen it? Personally, while its a nice suburb, its not for me. I go there most weeks and I find it a bit too far out for my liking to live. But then you do get a bit more house for your money than closer to the CBD and so on, although some can be dated in build style and decor, they are usually a good canvas to work with. I guess I like the access to the city by tram and bike (bike path runs along the tram line into the city and gets a lot of use from us) too much to want to live up the hill and out there. I guess I feel rather disconnected up there and further out than I do down closer to the city in the suburb we are in and the surrounding ones. But that is just me personally.

We live in hallett Cove and love it.

I work in the CBD, usually takes me 45 min to get in by car - 60 max if its a nightmare traffic day.

Have a 4 yr old sone that goes to childcare and kindy in HC - and he has settled really well.

Its a 5 min drive to seacliff beach - which is lovely, I park here and run up to brighton, which is a fab route :-)

I don't really use public transport, so cant comment on that. But I know there is the train line to the city, so if you were going to commute maybe make sure you live somewhere near the station.

Give us a shout if you want to know anything else.

Beck

Been in Hallett cove for 14 years now I like it easy to get to city has two railway stations and Its only a short drive to get to the tram line if you want to get the tram to the city has a shopping centre and which ever way you go has large shopping centres Marion to the North Colonades to the south and Southgate plaza to the east Its one of the bigger Suburb nearly as popular as port Noarlunga is with the Brits LOL It depends what you want if you want plenty of open spaces fresh sea air its the place to be plenty of walking trails and has coastal path running from Lonsdale to Seacliff with some spectacular views it runs along the edge of the cliffs with a board walk running in part of it. Some parts of it are hilly but not all of it. Each to there own

Guest Guest75

We moved into Hallett Cove 15 months ago. We had a small farm further south in Onkaparinga Hills - it was time to come a little closer to the coast and transport links ( train line will sort itself out eventually).

It suits us and that is the key.

It still feels out of the city but not too far away - not as though we need venture into the city much - say 4 times per year.

Some people do like a feeling of "separation" if working in the city - nice to get out after work.

As everywhere Hallett Cove has a few streets that are getting a bit tatty but it also has some fabulous streets tucked away.

Real estate agents now say that Hallett Cove has five distinct areas within it. The area called Hallett Cove Heights on the other side of the Lonsdale Highway is the newest - but furthest away and not many have sea views.

It's a good position if you enjoy the southern beaches but work in the city..

Contrary to popular belief it's not "Little Britain" anymore. Our street has Greek, American, Chinese, Indian,Australian and a couple of Poms. Great mix.

Don't listen to some of the old stuff said.

It's seriously just your choice and what makes you happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck on the move Daviesfamily, I would suggest just getting google maps up and looking at the distance between the school and the houses you are looking at to make sure they aren't too far away. Hallett Cove south is only a primary shcool anyway, so kids graduate from there and feed into the R-12. Thats how I understand it anyway!

Beck

We are moving out on 29th July and hallett cove top of our list, we have a 6 year old and don't want to disrupt her education too much. We were looking at hallett cove r12 but not sure as the houses have been looking at are nearer hallett cove south. Can anyone help at all?

It's a zoned school. Have a read here to check the zone area.

http://www.hcs.sa.edu.au

If the link goes to homepage, check the menu for About and then Enrolment.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dingding66

Just to let you know Hallett Cove s perfect for us but dose not suite everyone...it s a large area to cover but very good with getting into the city for transport

if you are not able to drive,it's central to most locations .

There are allot of pom's that have moved here that have rented in Hallett Cove to start to get there children in the school as you need to be living in the Zone before you

are able to view the school as you have to show a rental agreement etc. for us our children have done well there and are extremely happy but again it's not for all families.

Lot's of poms rent in Hallett Cove first to get there children into school but houses are fair but are older and most ppl go over to Sheidow park as you get more for your money there

but it was not for us we wanted to be by the sea but everyone is different and we all have different budgets etc....

We chose to wait until the right house came along to buy and they do come along you just need to be patient if you can.

Good luck with every thing we are really happy here and so is all the family...

It's not really little Britain either lot's of different cultures but as the Aussie's say ALL GOOD.........

and on the plus side we have made some fabulous local friends here and that is what we wanted ...... hope everything goes well for you all :yes:

Guest Guest75
I rented in Hallett Cove but felt it was overpriced almost 7 years on we brought land there

& were building a new home (soon i

hope!!)

I like our view it's proximity to Brighton & beaches that way & south :)

Aye ,2 Yorkshire folk on one street!

Guest Guest75
which street are you on Tyke ?

On the "2 Yorkshire folk" comment - I am referring to my friend who lives on the same street as Angela is building.

We live in the southernmost part - Cove Point, near where they are building on the new release.

We moved to Australia 2 months ago, we hadnt planned on Hallet Cove, but when we drove around we loved it. We love tge are, our rental is great and we dont feel isolated from anywhere, we live on the same street as the primary school and there is a bus stop/route that takes you directly to the city just across the street (i drive, but its another option) There are tons of parks and a nice little shopping mall, goid luck with the move !

QUOTE=Ashleigh;285539]We have decided on Hallett Cove to settle, found some good childcare centres and some lovely houses and we like it's got good transport links.

Has anyone been to/lived in Hallett Cove? would be nice to hear your experiences of the suburb!

Guest dingding66

We really love Hallett cove and hope you guys doo too if you need anything shout happy to meet up with any local folk pls feel free to send a

P.M as you welcome to do a get together at ours anyone no worries just shout !!!