ANy mortgage advisors on here?

guspjmh

Hi Angus,

We moved our mortgages a while back and an English bloke called Vincent got us the best deal.

He's registered on here as NewinOz.

Saw him during the week when he called around to see what he can do to get our son into his first home.

It's very busy in this area right now. They have demolished the house next to Boomerang and will be building two double storeys and a single storey!

See you.

Tamara

It's quite amazing what's happening. The suburbs are being demolished and replaced with multiple homes. Be careful...someone could build in front of you and take away a view!

We do know a local estate agent who is based in this area. Used him to sell a home.

If you want to know about houses that are coming up for listing with their agency before they get listed I can send his details through to you on a pm?

It's quite amazing what's happening. The suburbs are being demolished and replaced with multiple homes. Be careful...someone could build in front of you and take away a view!

We do know a local estate agent who is based in this area. Used him to sell a home.

If you want to know about houses that are coming up for listing with their agency before they get listed I can send his details through to you on a pm?

That would be great if you could. Thanks!

If so, please contact me as I am looking for a trustworthy advisor to help me find the best deal.

Cheers!

We used Andrew and Stacey at Vista Financial Services - Andrew posts on here a fair bit. They were able to find us a mortgage provider to lend us the money to buy a block of land and give agreement in principle to lending the money to build the house even though we had only been in the country for two months. Stacey mostly dealt with our application and she was brilliant. She was on top of things all the time, chasing the bank (and us) to make sure everything went through when it should and explained everything to us really well.

How was the building process for you? We are considering doing the same, but curious as to the 'hidden costs' like landscaping etc. for examples sake, if a house costs $150k to build, can you assume the finished article will be more like $200k ready to live in?

We found the whole building process quite stressful but that's partly because it made a lot of demands on our time and we just don't have much free time. Our house cost more like $250k to build (3 bed single storey), although we did make quite a few changes to the basic plan and added quite a few extras (UPVc double glazing cost us an extra $16k for example). The extra costs in the landscaping will depend on the block. Ours had a slight slope on it that has require retaining walls down each side, round the back and also out the front. I can't remember the exact figure but we spent $20k - $25k on fencing and retaining walls down the sides and round the back of the block before the build even began and the landscaping and storm water now the build has finished is costing us $40k. We could have done it slightly cheaper using a cheaper retaining wall out the front and cheaper paving options but a lot of the cost is in all the digging for the storm water and retaining walls. Other costs are things to finish the house off, like curtains (and curtain poles), and a Vergola out the back.