Mawson Lakes

Guest Sooz75

Guest Sooz75

Hi all

Hubbie and I are looking at moving to Adelaide in about 12 months time- have massive hurdles to climb inbetween of course!

In terms of areas to live does anyone know what Mawson Lakes is like? We have been looking at some information on the net and it looks really nice.

Comments negative or positive appreciated x

hi ya i live in mawson lakes well one week so far and all i can say is WOW ive got two young girls 5 and 11 months, the 5 year old has started kindy today as she is too young for school, there is a large lake you can walk around or go to the local shops or cafes..mawson lakes is a new area built 1999. ive got a 3 bed house renting for $390 week main bed has walk in wardrobe and on-suite (bath and shower toilet and sink)the 2 other beds have shared bathroom (shower and sink toilet) a large rumpus room up stairs in front of all bedrooms,downstairs is large family room massive kitchen with laundry room and another toilet bigish garden and garage/car port with remote door,

the water is fresh and recycled here which is for garden only and toilet solar powered water heating, i may be going on but like i said WOW my best advise is come over for a holiday and take a look around for yourself

alex

Guest Sooz75

Thanks for that. We want to live somewhere fairly close to the city but would prefer somewhere with a community feel.

Appears you get lots more for you money too which is good!

Thanks again

Guest Lulujim
hi ya i live in mawson lakes well one week so far and all i can say is WOW ive got two young girls 5 and 11 months, the 5 year old has started kindy today as she is too young for school, there is a large lake you can walk around or go to the local shops or cafes..mawson lakes is a new area built 1999. ive got a 3 bed house renting for $390 week main bed has walk in wardrobe and on-suite (bath and shower toilet and sink)the 2 other beds have shared bathroom (shower and sink toilet) a large rumpus room up stairs in front of all bedrooms,downstairs is large family room massive kitchen with laundry room and another toilet bigish garden and garage/car port with remote door,

the water is fresh and recycled here which is for garden only and toilet solar powered water heating, i may be going on but like i said WOW my best advise is come over for a holiday and take a look around for yourself

alex

Hi Alex,

Hoping you can help us..... We've got a young daughter (and another on the way) - is this area suitable for young families? Have you discovered any playgroups/toddler music groups or the like in the area? Are there many families there or is it more young professional couples? Also (sorry for all the questions!!) - have you found out how long it takes to get into the CBD?

Many, many thanks! Alexis

Guest Nick11

We looked at Mawsons lake before we came and I was dead keen on it - however it wasn't for me.

Without offending anyone I felt the place lacked character - everything was too close to each other.

It felt very sterile.

However we're all different and the place might just be for you. It's very new and have to say extremely clean.

But you need to judge for yourself.

It wouldn't do if we were all the same

Nick

Guest Rob and Clare

Mawson Lakes is what it is... It's a purpose built planned almost self enclosed town, Everything is new, clean and almost manicured. I guess sometimes some people (in the UK too) either like traditional older houses / estates, and some prefer newer fresh houses / estates.

When we arrived and we heavily put off by so many "traditional" houses as they just looked so dowdy and the estates were just urban sprawl offering no outisde space or quality of life, yet we had a decent budget to play with. We like the wide open planned practical spaces and parks here, so many other areas are just houses and shops without a focal point.

We're just 10 mins from the city by train, and with all ameneties a short pleasant walk away...

Check out http://www.mawsonlakescommunity.com.au/ too... It includes all the social groups and activities....

Good Luck

Guest Nick11
Mawson Lakes is what it is... It's a purpose built planned almost self enclosed town, Everything is new, clean and almost manicured. I guess sometimes some people (in the UK too) either like traditional older houses / estates, and some prefer newer fresh houses / estates.

When we arrived and we heavily put off by so many "traditional" houses as they just looked so dowdy and the estates were just urban sprawl offering no outisde space or quality of life, yet we had a decent budget to play with. We like the wide open planned practical spaces and parks here, so many other areas are just houses and shops without a focal point.

We're just 10 mins from the city by train, and with all ameneties a short pleasant walk away...

Check out http://www.mawsonlakescommunity.com.au/ too... It includes all the social groups and activities....

Good Luck

I agree - that's what I thought I was looking for - but realised that I wanted something in between new and established.

At the end of the day it wouldn't do if we are all the same.

BTW thanks for such a lovely reply - I was expecting my comments to turn into a bit of heated discussion- as they usually do

Guest Rob and Clare
I agree - that's what I thought I was looking for - but realised that I wanted something in between new and established.

At the end of the day it wouldn't do if we are all the same.

BTW thanks for such a lovely reply - I was expecting my comments to turn into a bit of heated discussion- as they usually do

I didn't think it should be a heated discussion. It's just opinions based on our own experiences and tastes. I don't think there is anyone on here who does not love there own area, maybe that's a testiment to Adelaide of how diverse suburbs can be yet all offering something special that we all pick up on.