Short term accommodation needed in a weeks time - HELP!!

Guest Shazeen

Guest Shazeen

Hi all

We are looking for a short term rental for 3-4 weeks until we find long term accommodation from 23 April.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Shazeen

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Shazeen!....

Wow its a bit last minute!.....where do you want to be and how many people?

You might well struggle as it is a, in the middle of the school holidays and b, the weekends either side of your arrival are both public holiday long weekends

Guest Shazeen

HI Claire

Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

Yes things were initially taking too long and everything has suddenly come together so we are having to sort things out last minute - we are 2 adults and 2 children (aged 4 and 1). We are hoping to be just south of the CBD as I've got my daughter into a school in the Wayille area and she starts school on 29 April! Failing that, anywhere close to a tram/metro stop to enable travelling to be easier.

Thanks!

Guest Shazeen

I know. It's such a shame we didn't have fixed dates when your apartment was available :( will just have to keep searching!

It will be really tough now as it is peak Easter season!!! Probably end up with something v.expensive or v.grotty if you are not careful.

My OH works on Greenhill Road at Wayville and I happen to know that there are buses that go from Paradise interchange through the city and past that area. There is also a tram stop just a bit further up from where he works, although it's a bit of a walk from the tram. It might be worth looking at adelaidemetro.com.au at where the bus and tram routes go past that area and use that information to widen your search for accomodation. I know it's not where you want to settle long term but it might open up more possibilities for you. Also try takeabreak.com.au.

Guest Shazeen

That's really useful. Thank you NicF :)

My OH works on Greenhill Road at Wayville and I happen to know that there are buses that go from Paradise interchange through the city and past that area. There is also a tram stop just a bit further up from where he works, although it's a bit of a walk from the tram. It might be worth looking at adelaidemetro.com.au at where the bus and tram routes go past that area and use that information to widen your search for accomodation. I know it's not where you want to settle long term but it might open up more possibilities for you. Also try takeabreak.com.au.

Guest Guest12727
I've looked at rent a home, air bnb. Will have another look at stayz and keep searching. Thanks for your help!!

Have you found anything yet? Don't forget to look for weekly or monthly prices on Airbnb and other accommodation. It is worth contacting them for a quote if they don't advertise a longer term price.

Guest Shazeen

Thanks Snifter - is there a website or phone number for these holiday apartments?

There are holiday apartments round Glenelg advertising vacancies ATM. One place only has a few cars out front and it has 12 apartments all up, only seems to have 3 or 4 taken at present.

Hi. Have you tried Richmond Retreat? - adelaidefullyfurnishedrentals.com.au.

We stayed there for a month on our arrival in Adelaide in November. I can recommend it, good location for getting into the city (10 mins) and it's pretty near where your looking for. The owners Charmaine & Richard were very helpful. I don't know about availability for the dates your looking for but it's worth checking out.