advice needed please

Bevev's

Hi guys,

Can someone advise me please?

Are landlords allowed to enter your rental without notice?

We have been in UK for a couple weeks and was informed by agent that that there would be an open on our rental (as its up for sale) while we were away. The selling agent confirmed the date and time via email, no problem.

When we got back yesterday we could see the garden had new plants in it and the landlords had been in our bedroom doing something with the curtain pole. Our neighbour tells me tonight that the landlords had our garage door wide open and were back and forth the garden while we were away, we have a lot of our stuff in the garage!

I was under the impression we were entitled to notice if they wanted to enter, which i would have preferred as i would have arranged for someone to have been at the house. Am i correct?

They have our mobile numbers and email address.

Thanks for any advice

Bev

Edited by Bevev's
left out something

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...