Advice wanted re Selling a house in Adelaide

ILSA

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice re selling a house here in Adelaide. Does anyone know how much it costs to sell a house re estate agent fees? Are there set fees or is it commission based? Thinking about selling my house and just want general advice re what to do and not do..

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice re selling a house here in Adelaide. Does anyone know how much it costs to sell a house re estate agent fees? Are there set fees or is it commission based? Thinking about selling my house and just want general advice re what to do and not do..

Thanks

Hi

We paid around $12k to sell a $479k house & that was with just 1 advertisement in the paper & for 2 opens. Every advert was an additional cost so personally I wouldn't pay to advertise in the paper just post on realestate.

Tracey

It is worth visiting several real estate agents to compare their selling fees and what costs are included or extra.

Sometimes the advertising costs can be quite high. Sometimes the costs are not fixed, but are a percentage of the selling price. It is also worth considering how you propose to sell the house, and only the estate agents can advise you which method sells best in the area you live.

Guest BurgessFamily
We paid around $12k to sell a $479k house & that was with just 1 advertisement in the paper & for 2 opens

If they don't have to work too hard that's an easy >2% fee. :)

Guest Guest12727
Budget for 2-3 % agent fee. You wont get 1% like in the UK

That is true, but you don't have to show people the house yourself and they are licensed to do all the paperwork, so no solicitors fees. Good ones constantly chase up potential buyers, keep you in the loop and provide advise on presenting your home for sale. I don't think there is any comparison between the role of an estate agent in the UK and here.

Get 3 (or more) agents to come and pitch for selling your home. They provide packages for various advertising, the sales board style etc. You can negotiate with them and they will come down if they want your business.