Landscaping recommendations

KathleenandCraig

Hi

We are building a house at Craigburn Farm and need to get some quotes for landscaping, paving, fencing and a few other "outside" type things. Wondered if anyone had any recommendations for any of these things? Would be helpful if they were close by as a few in the Northern suburbs that we have already contacted won't come down here unless we are spending major $$$

Cheers

Craig

We used Dirtworks Landscaping, who were excellent. They are based at Prospect but I know they have done jobs in the hills so they may cover your area.

Just a point on the spending major $$$ thing, unless your block of land is completely flat or already has retaining walls around it you may be looking at pretty large amounts of $$$ for your landscaping as you may need retaining walls and things. We spent $40k on our landscaping (could have done it a bit cheaper with cheaper materials) and we had already spent about $15k on putting retaining walls and fencing around the block. And our block is only 375m2 and looked almost flat to the naked eye. Good luck with it all.

We used Dirtworks Landscaping, who were excellent. They are based at Prospect but I know they have done jobs in the hills so they may cover your area.

Just a point on the spending major $$$ thing, unless your block of land is completely flat or already has retaining walls around it you may be looking at pretty large amounts of $$$ for your landscaping as you may need retaining walls and things. We spent $40k on our landscaping (could have done it a bit cheaper with cheaper materials) and we had already spent about $15k on putting retaining walls and fencing around the block. And our block is only 375m2 and looked almost flat to the naked eye. Good luck with it all.

Thanks NicF. Yeah the numbers you are talking about there seem along the lines of what we were thinking too. When I meant major I was meaning closer to the $80K-$100K mark which is a little more than we wanted to spend :wink:. I think we will be looking at around $20-$25K just in paving etc, We are not looking to "flatten" the back garden and keep it naturally sloping, so hopefully we will keep any major works or need for major retainer walls to a

minimum.

I will give them a call tomorrow.

Cheers

Craig

Hi

We are building a house at Craigburn Farm and need to get some quotes for landscaping, paving, fencing and a few other "outside" type things. Wondered if anyone had any recommendations for any of these things? Would be helpful if they were close by as a few in the Northern suburbs that we have already contacted won't come down here unless we are spending major $$$

Cheers

Craig

It would be worth dropping Trevor Payne (a member on here) a message (or PM me if you'd like his number). Excellent work, a fair price, and he'll turn up when he says he'll be there.

Guest Guest75

For Pergola / carpentry and building work I can thoroughly recommend Mark McPhearson for McLaren Flat.

He has just finished another job for us.

He is a great all rounder. Honest , fair and will turn up when he says.

Also OK to leave on his own.

Pm for his number

Edited by Blossom
Removal of phone number as per forum rules

For Pergola / carpentry and building work I can thoroughly recommend Mark McPhearson for McLaren Flat.

He has just finished another job for us.

He is a great all rounder. Honest , fair and will turn up when he says.

Also OK to leave on his own.

Pm for phone number

Tyke, does he do renovation / extension work too? We are looking for a few quotes for work in our house and some decking.

Edited by Blossom
Adjusting quote

Guest Guest75
Tyke, does he do renovation / extension work too? We are looking for a few quotes for work in our house and some decking.

He sure does.Mark is a full on builder from small jobs to complete house builds.

He recently finished a barn conversion project down south - built from the ground up.

Nothing in it for me , he will know me as Russell from Hallett Cove- he has just enclosed an area under the balcony for us.