Rental Availability

Guest tiswas88

Guest tiswas88

Hi Guys,

We are so excited at finally getting our visas:jiggy:!! The long wait was worth it in the end!

Anyway we have just booked our flights and was wandering if there is any good short term rentals going in and around Port Noarlungha from 4th November for approx. 3 weeks till we find somewhere a bit more permanent?? We are a family of 4.

Thanks Guys

:wink:

Hi Guys,

We are so excited at finally getting our visas:jiggy:!! The long wait was worth it in the end!

Anyway we have just booked our flights and was wandering if there is any good short term rentals going in and around Port Noarlungha from 4th November for approx. 3 weeks till we find somewhere a bit more permanent?? We are a family of 4.

Thanks Guys

:wink:

Congratulations on your visa being granted!

The areas around Port Noarlunga are very popular and i'm sure that your family will love it around here.

I wish that I could help you with your accommodation needs but I am booked for the period that you are looking for. I'm sure that you will get real value for money from renting a furnished home from someone on this site. They are excellent value for money when compared to hotels, chalets and other temporary accommodation. Despite there being an increase in the price of unfurnished rental houses you'll find that furnished rates are the same as 5 years ago. For around $100 per night you get an entire house, internet access etc...a real home from home for your first few weeks.

I am a paid advertiser on this site and despite the ever increasing costs I still think that I offer good value for money...maybe that's why i'm booked. If you search on google or the holiday sites it should give you a good price comparison, and most holiday homes are comparatively very expensive.

If you are looking for a good value home around the Port Noarlunga area i would suggest that you send Tyke a PM. He has a wonderful double storey home in Seaford and his help and advice for new arrivals is so valuable too! I don't think that his prices have gone up in the past 5 years neither...sounds like a bargain to me!:smile:

Guest Guest75

The areas around Port Noarlunga are very popular and i'm sure that your family will love it around here.

I wish that I could help you with your accommodation needs but I am booked for the period that you are looking for. I'm sure that you will get real value for money from renting a furnished home from someone on this site. They are excellent value for money when compared to hotels, chalets and other temporary accommodation. Despite there being an increase in the price of unfurnished rental houses you'll find that furnished rates are the same as 5 years ago. For around $100 per night you get an entire house, internet access etc...a real home from home for your first few weeks.

I am a paid advertiser on this site and despite the ever increasing costs I still think that I offer good value for money...maybe that's why i'm booked. If you search on google or the holiday sites it should give you a good price comparison, and most holiday homes are comparatively very expensive.

If you are looking for a good value home around the Port Noarlunga area i would suggest that you send Tyke a PM. He has a wonderful double storey home in Seaford and his help and advice for new arrivals is so valuable too! I don't think that his prices have gone up in the past 5 years neither...sounds like a bargain to me!:smile:

Thanks Tamara, your comments regarding value are very much seconded and appreciated.

I do not know many industries or professions where the income has not increased in 7 years!!

*edited out PM as per forum rules*

So apparently I'm not allowed an opinion.... When we arrived we had a extremely tight budget and contacted ppl on here regards staying, i didn't have a spare $400 -$600 a week to spend so found my own accommodation on websites like gumtree..... I used to recommend the place i stayed at on this website when ppl asked..... the posts always for removed for some reason! But in a website where opinions are allowed and asked for i was telling mine....and there certainly is much cheaper out there if ppl look.

Dan

Edited by snifter

Guest Guest75

$400 - $600 will get you a nice long term unfurnished rental in the suburbs.

Talking of sites such as Gumtree -only recently a scammer was caught - using the details of a genuine furnished rental and trying to take money from folk on a property that did not exist. That would have then been really expensive!

*edited out PM as per forum rules*

So apparently I'm not allowed an opinion.... When we arrived we had a extremely tight budget and contacted ppl on here regards staying, i didn't have a spare $400 -$600 a week to spend so found my own accommodation on websites like gumtree..... I used to recommend the place i stayed at on this website when ppl asked..... the posts always for removed for some reason! But in a website where opinions are allowed and asked for i was telling mine....and there certainly is much cheaper out there if ppl look.

Dan

Dan, sorry I haven't been around on this thread or the forum, currently in hospital in Sydney so haven't been around much and won't be for a few more weeks yet.

I have to agree with what you are saying and I am an ex property owner. However, I also see the other members points of view as well. If there is a cheaper alternative out there, please post it I have no objection at all unless it's breaking forum rules, in fact I would love you to post it because at the end if the day like you said a lot of people don't have $600 plus per week.

What people also need to realise is that short term rentals are expensive in Australia. I've currently got my mum staying in a hotel close by its $380 per night and Rob is in another hotel which is a backpackers and that's $99 per night. So when you compare this with the $400-$600 per week and you are getting a full house rather than a hotel room it's a no brainer.

Personally I don't like gumtree I have seen too many people scammed out of money and people paying for a property that doesn't exist. At least with members on here a lot of people have already used them and no they are genuine, if ever we received an inclining of something being a scam it would be removed immediately along with the member.

This is a forum we are all entitled to our opinions whether others agree or disagree should not matter.

Please don't forget to post the info for the alternatives I'm sure there will be many who find this useful. If you have photos of it that would be even better.

I think the thing to remember is that short term rental is just that - short term. It doesn't take long to sort out a long term rental here, so my advice is to treat your first few weeks here as a kind of camping trip: you don't need mod cons, and loads of space, and loads of facilities - just somewhere to sleep, somewhere to wash, and something to cook on. If your budget means that's a tent on a campsite with a blow up bed and a camp stove, or a cheap motel room with a kettle, then that's all part of the adventure. It's like any holiday - you can book somewhere lush for a couple of weeks and have all your home comforts around you, or something cheap and cheerful with the knowledge that it's only for a short while.

So after receiving another PM from Tyke asking what i do for a living and earn so he can 'assess my worth'...... I'm a Print Technician at Orora on around $45000 a year..... assess it here so everyone else can see instead of sending snide, arrogant PMs.

Totally agree it is irrelevant and if someone sent me a pm like that I would probably ignore or tell them to sod off. You can block pms from other members if you want to do this please ask one of the mods and they will show you how.

Now everyone can we please get back to helping the OP instead of interfering in other peoples business.

Im in the wrong business should have furnished rentals. If the cost of rentals have not increased in the last five years or so and they can still charge the same now and still be in business making a profit they must have been making a killing over they years as the cost of living has jumped a large amount in that time ie electricity etc.

Guest Guest75
Im in the wrong business should have furnished rentals. If the cost of rentals have not increased in the last five years or so and they can still charge the same now and still be in business making a profit they must have been making a killing over they years as the cost of living has jumped a large amount in that time ie electricity etc.

So that means that they are really good value now????:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
So what you are saying they weren't good value but they are now.

That seemed to be what you are saying, I'm so very pleased that you are highlighting we are such good value now.:jiggy:

Prices are very much in line with other furnished rental and due to the economic climate prices are maintained and less profits seen.

Wish I was a tradie now, the hourly rate can be something else!! $75 an hour for self employed sparkies!

I'm not jealous though - good luck to em if they can get it:smile::smile: