Bond amount issues

byrash

I have recently moved from a home and my rental agents have simply sent and invoice stating for cleaning 115$ for the house to relive my bond amount which we left cleaned . They say on switch boards they have seen some finger print marks and etc. :arghh:

I know it would be endless discussion and more or less useless and have authorizes them to go for what ever they want and have permitted them to not to breach 75$.

Now they came back with 115$ bill, how to deal with this ? any ideas ?

Phone the rental tribunal people, but to be honest if sounds like you have shot yourself in the foot. They are going to argue that you agreed it needed cleaning and it couldn't be done for cheaper. It doesn't matter how much you said they could spend. If it needed more time it needed more time.

I have cleaned everything and there were termites I was asked not to clean that area and have not even dreaming of one saying that they want the finger prints to be cleaned.. may be my eyes are too bad to see the finger prints on switch boards.

Guest Guest12727

did they show you photographic evidence of the dirty marks? They would have to be pretty extensive to cost that much. It takes 5mins to clean all switches in the entire house. But as you have already agreed to pay........

To be honest this seems to be a fairly common thing, I also had an issue recently. We spent $400 dollars on cleaners to clean whole house and clean carpets, mainly because finding time to move and pack when working full-time was difficult enough. The company specialized in end of lease cleans and guaranteed work for a week. Rental agent found dust in several locations and a dirty mark on a light switch and said it would need further cleaning. They had also handed keys back to landlord. It all became quite stressful but in the end the cleaners returned and cleaned it, but neither rental agent or cleaners would talk to me as I had insisted they deal with each other. It took about two weeks for it to be resolved and full bond sent back to us. After talking to others it seems that it is quite common for money to be taken from the bond for minor cleaning issues, I always thought it was for damage to a property.