Interesting Adelaide property article.

Guest Guest75

Bob and Lorraine are good friends of ours! That was a surprise. We are part of a group that meets once a month for lunch (all British Expat Retirees in Adelaide) known as BERIA (and not the Burial group as my spell checker decided on a FB post - Mind you, we were at Mick O'Shea's that month - great place for a wake!

Thought this may be of interest to the newer arrivals.

It jut may give you a bit better understanding of the areas.:biggrin:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/abs-data-reveals-generational-shifts-in-adelaide-suburbs/story-fni6uo1m-1227057728678

Very interesting.

It shows that there is a massive increase in younger families moving into areas around here...Port Noarlunga to Aldinga.

'A sneaky real estate ad in disguise' states one of the comments at the bottom of the article ... ahem! :biggrin:

Some of the stats quoted in it are actual and others forecasts, some are statewide, and others about Adelaide itself, but it's written so poorly (well, it is The Advertiser) that there's no indication which is which. For example "The State Government has declared it wants to reach 2 million residents by 2027 - around 300,000 more than today's count" you'd be forgiven for thinking this refers to Adelaide, given that the article is about movements in Adelaide suburbs, but actually that refers to the state. Adelaide itself has a population of about 1.3m and despite what the state gov wants, ABS forecasts don't show it reaching 2m in the next 50 years, let alone by 2027.

Thought this may be of interest to the newer arrivals.

It jut may give you a bit better understanding of the areas.:biggrin:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/abs-data-reveals-generational-shifts-in-adelaide-suburbs/story-fni6uo1m-1227057728678

Cheers, Tyke. I found it helpful.:wink:

It's very difficult to get an idea of the areas.

It would be interesting to over lap the map with the popular schools etc.

• 2 weeks later...
No idea why you felt the need to point that out or why you assumed I thought you were the author :wacko:

Simply pointed out (some of) the errors the article contained.

No worries Jim.

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting indeed. Especially if you are psychiatrist.

Not that some of those moves are healthy and understandable. But that does not apply for the most of them.

Retired people in Hills. Being an old fart myself - I sort of understand these people who worked themselves hard into depression and do not want to see anyone. Thick hedges, wiggly unsurfaced narrow roads, potholes (many have tractors to tow their guests out) - sounds like a dream. But what if you ge a medical emergency there?

Young people in Seaford. I know what it is about. It is called Seaford Meadows. I am actually surprised that article does not mention that those who designed and approved this miracle are all in the asylum. I am surprising that no one builds an airport in Seaford - people from around the world shall see that. How you shall never plan the town.

South Australia is the state with the most abundance of land in South-Eastern corner. Sydney and Melbourne have run out of land long time ago. Adelaide is next, but there is still fair stock of land left. Most of all - there is still plenty relatively cheap land with water views.

You can beat me with the stones - but buying or renting house in Adelaide WITHOUT water views? It is first waste of money, and second - a crime against yourself and descendants.

Seaford meadows screams crime. Houses nested like there is no tomorrow. Roof to roof. No garages. No carports. Only pockets of on-street parking.

Couple holding the garage sale. Wthout garage. On 15sq m patio. Most of which is occupied by a trailer. "How on earth did you get trailer in here?" "We disassembled it, bought parts by hand and then assembled".

Excuse me - does this fall under the concept of "having life"?

"How much did you pay for that miracle?" "$465,000".

I am telling them - jump into the car. My friend has bought (address removed) Port Noarlunga South. It is just couple of kilometers away. Paid $200K for the land, got a fixed quote to build a two storey house for $180 K. This is $80 K less than your one storey.

He has more land, he has proper garage. But most of all he has 45 degrees ocean views, and if he throws the stone from the balcony - he will easy hit a car on the Esplanade.

What possessed you???

For the love of God, avoid housing estates in Adelaide. They look nice at first, but after five years and some dilapidation - they will be new ghettos.

Edited by Blossom
Removal of address as per forum rules

You can beat me with the stones - but buying or renting house in Adelaide WITHOUT water views? It is first waste of money, and second - a crime against yourself and descendants..

You obviously don't know Adelaide very well. Whilst sea views are nice for some, for me I would far rather look out at trees and hills and greenery than a flat landscape. There are some stunning places in the hills and off the coastal plains in Adelaide.

You obviously don't know Adelaide very well. Whilst sea views are nice for some, for me I would far rather look out at trees and hills and greenery than a flat landscape. There are some stunning places in the hills and off the coastal plains in Adelaide.

But pick the right bit of the hills Diane and you can get the sea views as well :wink:. Best of both worlds. Not that we have sea views from our house but you can see the sea from the front of Rostrevor college and I go that way on the bus every morning.

I am telling them - jump into the car. My friend has bought (address removed) Port Noarlunga South. It is just couple of kilometers away. Paid $200K for the land, got a fixed quote to build a two storey house for $180 K. This is $80 K less than your one storey.

He has more land, he has proper garage. But most of all he has 45 degrees ocean views, and if he throws the stone from the balcony - he will easy hit a car on the Esplanade.

I have removed your friends address. If they are anything like me then you would be struck off the Christmas card list if you put my address on an open forum.

I have removed your friends address. If they are anything like me then you would be struck off the Christmas card list if you put my address on an open forum.

Up to you sir, but that was unnecessary.

It is not an advertisement, it is not for sale and frankly - this is the house that people have got to see.

It is amazing in many ways. So simple, effective and at the same time such a good looking one. Ingenious engineering design.

At least I highly recommend you yourself come and have a glimpse. If you ever built something - you would appreciate.

Have you been in Tenterfield, NSW Diane? I am afraid that you will never be able to leave if you get there.

For the "stunning green hills" you need a bit more than you get in SA.

As to the "flat landscape" - this is not what you get around Seaford. Views are quiet interesting.

One more thing - 90% of your brain (the part responsible for the subconscious) we have got from reptiles and amphibians. And that part actually loves water.

The 10% that loves greenery - mother nature actually jammed into your skull just like you jam that last bikini into the suitcase - many wrinkles, and not very reliable thing anyway.

Thank you sir (sorry - madam). It was extremely enlightening to learn that houses have "private information".

I share something with you in return. If you want to know personal details of any property in SA you see on the streets - just do LTO search online. All the details of the owner - including an address are there, just for few bucks.

I find it very handy. In NSW you have to go great lengths to find the owner. Here in SA if for example real estate agent does not want to show you through the house you are interested in (say they want to sell it to their own dog and nobody else) - you can get in touch with the owner fairly easy.

In NSW owners often do not even have the idea that potential buyers are being kept away from their listed property.

No-no-no. Any hints that you are paranoid are coincidental. In fact it is me who is. I even have the doctor's certificate.

A number of posts have been deleted from this thread already and warnings were issued, yet a number of you have chose to continue and are now having a few days away to refresh themselves with the forum rules. Now please get back to the original topic.

I am amazed by how snarly some people are, I thought this forum was supposed to be friendly and supportive, must say I am a little nervous now to say anything.

Which is what we as mods and admin try to explain to people. This is a public forum for anyone to enjoy as long as they are keeping within the rules. It doesn't belong to any of the members (well, it does to katee) and we will not tolerate bullying just because someone has a different posting style.