Short term rentals in adelaide hills

mac

Hi all,

Our family will be arriving in Adelaide in January 2015. Can anyone recommend any short term rental companies that could help us with our search for temporary accommodation whilst we find somewhere more permanent and wait for our furniture to arrive. We are looking in the Adelaide Hills area. Many thanks.

Hi Mac

I think you might struggle as January is peak season and peak season rates as well.

Doubt if any furnished rental will give much discount for January, we can't as it makes up for the gaps in winter.

Any chance of delaying your arrival???

You might be lucky and find something on AirBnb.

You could look somewhere like Stayz or try Airbnb - most holiday rentals tend to be in the beachside suburbs but January is obviously the busiest month for the beach. At that time of year, housesitting is another option

House sitting and swapping are an unreliable way of getting accommodation now. We have had several guests who were let down at the last minute. Unless you can get some form of contract / written agreement do have a back up. Nothing worse than turning up to find the accommodation you thought you had has disappeared - I've seen the tears!!!!!!!!!

Try these people, trustworthy and nice properties

http://craferscottages.com.au/

I think they might cater for the Boutique stays. (Although definitely gorgeous). For $220 per night (for 2 people with $50 for each person above that) it might be a bit steep. I think that January, February etc is probably expensive in all areas of Adelaide. Airbnb is likely to be the best value. A few people seem to have shared and there are homes in the hills that look lovely.

Expensive or what!!!:shocked::shocked:

Wish we were able to charge $220 per night!!

You must be pulling some coin to be able to stay there :cute:

Have never stayed in these properties but did stay in one of their rentals at Port Willunga for 10days a few years ago. For a longer stay the rate is generally much cheaper per night. The OP didn't mention a budget and they can decide for themselves if it is worth asking the question on cost for a longer stay. I just thought of it as I knew they also had properties in the Hills which is what the OP asked for. When we stayed in their property, the owners were staying in the one next door, so we met them and they are very nice people.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
I think they might cater for the Boutique stays. (Although definitely gorgeous). For $220 per night (for 2 people with $50 for each person above that) it might be a bit steep. I think that January, February etc is probably expensive in all areas of Adelaide. Airbnb is likely to be the best value. A few people seem to have shared and there are homes in the hills that look lovely.

Have never stayed in these properties but did stay in one of their rentals at Port Willunga for 10days a few years ago. For a longer stay the rate is generally much cheaper per night. The OP didn't mention a budget and they can decide for themselves if it is worth asking the question on cost for a longer stay. I just thought of it as I knew they also had properties in the Hills which is what the OP asked for. When we stayed in their property, the owners were staying in the one next door, so we met them and they are very nice people.

We stayed in a B&B when we first arrived. It was advertised online as $230 a night but we booked it for 3 weeks and paid nowhere near as much as that. The one thing I always say to people is contact owners and get a definite price for the length of your stay as advertised nightly rates don't always apply.

Agree, for a lot of them they are B and B prices. We asked for a price for a stay at the Amble Hahndorf. Because we didn't want breakfast goods, daily linen change and cleaning etc, we got a good discount for a longer stay. They are a lovely couple who live on site, and let out three self contained units in a lovely spot.

Mind you that wasn't in peak season!

As Tyke says prices are high in January.

There's also a nice campsite with cabins in Hahndorf - no idea what the prices are but worth a look.

Don't be put off by horror stories of housesitting either - I know lots of people who have done it successfully (including a few from this site) and with people taking their main holidays that time of year from here, would think it's a good time to do it. You might even find someone from here who is planning a trip away that time of year and needs a house/pet sitter.