Long term rentals

kelbert

We will be looking for a long term let in November and I was just wondering....I'm told that its commonplace to 'haggle' on the cost of household goods. Is it also the norm to negogiate on rental prices? Obviously if demand outweighs supply that would be a no, but just wanted to be as well prepared as possible.

In the past, there has been such competition for good long term rentals that prospective tenants have had to offer things like 3 or 6 mths rent in advance to secure the tenancy.

I've not heard of anyone haggling to reduce the long term rent, unless it is in a place which is normally let short term.

Never hurts to ask.... Unless there is an application in the pile from someone who prepared to pay full price.

But that also depends. If you would look on paper "less suspicious" than competition - they might give preference to you instead of people who agree to pay more.

Make sure to have a talk to the agent and address their concerns if any. They are very shy of hidden agendas.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Etch, it will say if it is furnished, you can search for only furnished places if you want.....the furniture in the photos could just belong to the current tenants

Hi Guys, this me sound stupid but.... on www.realestate.com.au some homes are pictured furnished, so am I to take it that the rental comes furnished as well or....

Thanks in advance!

Generally I found the pictures to not even have the current tennants furniture in but pictures from before it was rented originally with long gone furniture. Many of the pics are very out dated. And no, it doesn't mean they are furnished.