Rental acceptance

chrisfen46

Hi just wondered if anyone else has had this happen, we went to a rental inspection on Monday only 3 others there we where only ones to put in an application , my wife spoke to agents today and all seemed ok he said application was ok and waiting to here from landlord this was lunch time today. Went on agents site tonight to find yet another inspection day is planned for next week, does this mean our application has been rejected???

It may just mean that another inspection has been scheduled for next week as they feel there should have been more interest. Maybe the landlord hasn't approved the application and until that happens the schedule goes as planned.

I would contact the agent and ask for a yes or no. Most landlords can be contacted within 24 hours. It really does mess you about with other inspections and applications if you have not been approved as yet.

We once bought a house on a Friday, contracts signed, but the next Sunday inspection had to go ahead as it had been advertised!!!!

Hi sorry to ask this on your thread as I am being no help to you wat so ever! But I just wondered if you could help me? Just wondering what you needed to provide to apply for a rental? Do they ask for references from banks and mortgage companies? X

You have to have some way of proving you can pay the rent and will fulfil the contract by staying around. There is competition for good rentals.

I suggest a short resume about yourselves, a letter from your employer, or offer of employment and a reference from the bank and also from your previous rental agent if you have rented in UK. Otherwise your mortgage provider will suffice.

All agents have similar requirements and in most cases you can download an application form from their site, which you can take completed to the open inspection. If you don't like the property, don't hand it in.

Rental agents like organised prospective tenants.

Definitely supply everything possible to.prove your a good tenant and can pay your rent. Proof your credit rating is torally awesome etc. That was the advice we were given.

It's a funny old game here, I think.

As for not letting you, well that's not good. As already said^^. Give the agent a call and get a definite yes or no. Then you can.move on to the next potential rental.

Good luck, hope it all works out.x

I went with one of my Aussie friends to look at an open inspection rental property. When we arrived there were loads of people parked up waiting for the agent to arrive. My friend had filled out the required form beforehand and as the inspection was after work, we went along in our office 'business' attire. My friend had a quick look around the property (she knows the area well) and decided it was for her. She walked over to the real estate agent and handed the completed form in, I reckon what sealed the deal was she had stapled her business card to the application, I thought that was a good touch and I could tell the agent was impressed and she got the rental.

Well spoke to estate agent yesterday , he said reason for extra viewing Of property was due to back log of work as they are very busy the extra viewing was scheduled as normal , our Application is still on top of the list and nothing to worry about , and he hopes to be In touch this week . Still bloody frustrating though .

It doesn't add up what they are saying. Real estate agents are notorious for the "less is more motto". If they were serious about you they would cancel the listed inspection - it will save them some time and perhaps they could get on top of their back log. I would say to them that the application is either a "binding" application or not and then just walk away and look for something else if they don't give you an immediate answer. It is unconscionable what they are doing as it leaves you in a state of limbo and a waste of your time if they decide someone else presents better.

Guest Claire-n-tel
It doesn't add up what they are saying. Real estate agents are notorious for the "less is more motto". If they were serious about you they would cancel the listed inspection - it will save them some time and perhaps they could get on top of their back log. I would say to them that the application is either a "binding" application or not and then just walk away and look for something else if they don't give you an immediate answer. It is unconscionable what they are doing as it leaves you in a state of limbo and a waste of your time if they decide someone else presents better.

I agree with Toni.......sounds like you might be the "if no one better comes along" people....

ask for direct answer by close of business or withdraw you application and get back to looking :smile: Good luck

Well spoke to estate agent yesterday , he said reason for extra viewing Of property was due to back log of work as they are very busy the extra viewing was scheduled as normal , our Application is still on top of the list and nothing to worry about , and he hopes to be In touch this week . Still bloody frustrating though .

If they were very busy and had a backlog of work the last thing they'd be doing is holding an unnecessary viewing! You have to hope that nobody else puts an application in from this next viewing ...

Chris,

It can be anything.

If it is VERY good property, some agents even do not communicate applications to the landlord, telling them there is "no interest".

They drive the rent down and put their friends or friends of their friends in.

Sometimes it is a reservations landlord has about you. If you say have three year old and property has new carpets, very often you get carpets stained with ink and paint and urinated all over. Which tells the landlord that all the rent you pay actually would be spent on reno after you leave.

If you say have a family of three and are trying to get into 6 bed house - this is often tell tale sign that you will sublet part of the house (to people with the bad tenant record). Or you need a big property to run a business. Which means for landlord that if any of your clients on the property get injured, landlord might get sued.

Tell me what your situation is, and I will tell you what is the source of concern and how to get around it.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Tell me what your situation is, and I will tell you what is the source of concern and how to get around it.

You cannot possibly know this, you would be guessing at best......you have already stated that you are a landlord with many properties, are you fishing for tenants?

You cannot possibly know this, you would be guessing at best......you have already stated that you are a landlord with many properties, are you fishing for tenants?

After 20 years in RE I know all the reasons, excuses concerns and tricks of the trade.

And no - I am not fishing for tenants. My properties get tenanted after the first inspection.

Edited by snifter

Chris,

It can be anything.

If it is VERY good property, some agents even do not communicate applications to the landlord, telling them there is "no interest".

They drive the rent down and put their friends or friends of their friends in.

Sometimes it is a reservations landlord has about you. If you say have three year old and property has new carpets, very often you get carpets stained with ink and paint and urinated all over. Which tells the landlord that all the rent you pay actually would be spent on reno after you leave.

If you say have a family of three and are trying to get into 6 bed house - this is often tell tale sign that you will sublet part of the house (to people with the bad tenant record). Or you need a big property to run a business. Which means for landlord that if any of your clients on the property get injured, landlord might get sued.

Hi there notpom we are a family of 4 myself 51 my wife 42 , and 2 boys age 5 & 6 we have been in the same rental for 3 yrs never had a bad inspection . Paid rent on time . Have written references and in permanent full time employment .

Edited by snifter
fixed quote tags

Hi there notpom we are a family of 4 myself 51 my wife 42 , and 2 boys age 5 & 6 we have been in the same rental for 3 yrs never had a bad inspection . Paid rent on time . Have written references and in permanent full time employment .

Thanks Chris,

Some description of the property you trying to get would help. As I said agent can be massaging their friends into it.

Normally you shall cause not a much a concern to a landlord.

But there are some nuances. If you both are professionals, then 5 and 6 year olds are not an issue. If you are a tradesman and your partner is say a cleaner it generally bears a stigma of unruly noisy kids.

But in any case, with kids of that age you shall tell agent at least three times that kids are well behaved and they do respect property and other people.

Having said that, I own two properties where I would have refused you (with the lot of heartache). It is simply due to the fact that neighbours have allergy to kids. Unfortunately tenants come and go, and there is no point in upsetting neighbours.

Guest Guest14361

But there are some nuances. If you both are professionals, then 5 and 6 year olds are not an issue. If you are a tradesman and your partner is say a cleaner it generally bears a stigma of unruly noisy kids. .

So what's wrong with tradesmen and cleaner wives?? :huh:

Edited by Guest14361

So what's wrong with tradesmen and cleaner wives?? :huh:

It is a bit hard to confuse them with the Oxford professors or aristocracy.

That compensated by their proficiency in "whole world owes everything to me" concept.

Not the kind of balance you looking for to trust them a million dollar asset.

OK, I've split this thread out. This is for the OP topic. Discussion about property investment etc that was going on can now be found here

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/renting-real-estate/44301-investing-property-split-thread.html

I've posted in that thread also with a reminder about keeping it civil, even in a debate or discussion.

Thanks Chris,

Some description of the property you trying to get would help. As I said agent can be massaging their friends into it.

Normally you shall cause not a much a concern to a landlord.

But there are some nuances. If you both are professionals, then 5 and 6 year olds are not an issue. If you are a tradesman and your partner is say a cleaner it generally bears a stigma of unruly noisy kids.

But in any case, with kids of that age you shall tell agent at least three times that kids are well behaved and they do respect property and other people.

Having said that, I own two properties where I would have refused you (with the lot of heartache). It is simply due to the fact that neighbours have allergy to kids. Unfortunately tenants come and go, and there is no point in upsetting neighbours.

I think you need to switch your view, I think you will find its actually the other way round!!

Edited by Ktee
Removed personal attack

I have noticed that over the past few days we have seen a rise in personal attacks. Please can I remind you that everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you like their views or not.

A quick reminder of the rules for you. I have highlighted the parts that I feel are appropriate.

• Thank you goes a long way - If someone has taken the time to discuss and share their experiences with you then please be appreciative of that and thank them accordingly. This applies especially to the migration agents who give their time on the site for free.

• We don't walk in their shoes - If someone is offering to share their experiences please do not belittle them, make personal comments or judgements about their situation. It is not helpful to anyone and only detracts from the discussion at hand.

• Communicating on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words. Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage

spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post. You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person

Forum Rules

1. Out of respect for the Original Poster (OP), please try to keep postings on-topic and do not steer the thread in another direction without good reason. If required please start a new topic within a relevant forum. If posters do not adhere to these guidelines then they may find that their post is edited or deleted.

2. Please use the most descriptive title possible when creating a new thread, ensuring you search the forums first to ensure posts are not duplicated. Duplicate posts/threads may be deleted or merged.

3. Be respectful to your fellow members, moderators and administrators. This is a friendly and great environment; we wish to keep it that way so please treat others as you would like to be treated and please respect other members rights to express an opinion which may differ to your own.

4. Please remember that moderators are volunteer helpers that are here to ensure the forum runs smoothly. Please respect this if they have to contact you or edit,remove or add additional comments to your threads or posts. Abusing moderators will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.

5. Moderators may move your post if it becomes more relevant or pertinent to another part of the forum.

6. Should you have any issues with a moderator then you should in the first instance attempt to resolve the issue via off-forum correspondence (email/PM) with the moderator concerned. However, please do this in a polite manner and note that personally abusing moderators will not be tolerated in these circumstances. Alternatively you may prefer to resolve the matter by contacting the site administrator.

7. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages but must not be placed in the public forums or on the visitor message board, (this includes threads created to discuss infracted/banned members) any such threads will be removed by admin/mods and infractions may be issued.

8. Please keep your language clean and decent. This includes personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities.

9. You agree not to hold Pomsinadelaide.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums and that messages posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.

10.Postings that are deliberately designed with the intention of driving traffic to a member's site, affiliated sites or other social networking sites/forums will be removed or edited as the moderator(s) feels appropriate. If in doubt before posting these type of links please contact the administrator .

11.Trolling will not be tolerated. For the purposes of this forum, a 'troll' is defined as someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages on the forum, or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

12.Pomsinadelaide.com is not the appropriate medium for personal or private vendettas. This forum should not be used to attempt to resolve personal problems or to 'name & shame' fellow members, migration agents, service providers or anyone else and posts that fall into this category may be deleted by moderators where it is considered necessary. Please email the company directly to attempt to resolve these issues in the first instance.

13.Members are only permitted one account. Any member who deliberately sets up a secondary false account to troll will be banned. If you have forgotten your username and wish to create a new account or you require a secondary account for another family member, please contact admin.

14.Members found to be accessing the forum via an anonymizing proxy without prior authorisation from the administrator will have their account suspended sine die.

15.Members are not to post obscene, vulgar, racist, offensive or illegal posts, links, or images. Any posts/visitor messages/private messages/avatars/photos containing such content will be removed and could lead to a warning or a ban if necessary.

16.As this is an English speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.

17. Recommendations - You may start a thread asking for members to recommend a service to you, however all threads started recommending a company/service may be deleted at the discretion of PIA Moderators.