Seaford Meadows

chrisfen46

Well we have lived at the same address in Seaford Meadows for just under 3 yrs , It has been ok up until the last 3 months I would say , and sorry to say the. Area is going downhill due to the amount of Trust Homes , Apparently Sa Trust can have up to 40% of homes built at Seaford meadows now . We are coming to the end of our lease thankfully , Ido feel sorry for the many people that have bought houses on here , it is slowly building a bad reputation .

Currently taking rego's down of the visitors then going to report to police , not sure who to get in touch with regarding reporting to trust housing. It's a shame for all the decent families that are living there .

Perhaps the Crimestoppers number to report stuff fits this kind of thing?

Well we have lived at the same address in Seaford Meadows for just under 3 yrs , It has been ok up until the last 3 months I would say , and sorry to say the. Area is going downhill due to the amount of Trust Homes , Apparently SA Trust can have up to 40% of homes built at Seaford meadows now . We are coming to the end of our lease thankfully , Ido feel sorry for the many people that have bought houses on here , it is slowly building a bad reputation .

We bought on Seaford Meadows. Don't feel sorry for us. We bought with our eyes open, fully aware that a percentage of houses would be Housing Trust. In fact, and please correct me if I am wrong, new estates have an obligation to have a percentage of trust houses on them. Contact your local council to ask whom you can speak to regarding your issue.

All areas have to have a percehtage of affordable and trust homes. Whilst I feel for you having a bad neighbour, I find your post a bit snobbish.

you can live in any area and have issues.

Yep easy to say that when you nor living amongst it....drugs. ..prostitution....the language....not a pleasant place to live.. would hardly say Seaford Meadows is "Living The Dream " !!

All areas have to have a percehtage of affordable and trust homes. Whilst I feel for you having a bad neighbour, I find your post a bit snobbish.

you can live in any area and have issues.

Snobbish lol yea of course silly me nothing wrong with a bit of drug dealing and prostitution in your street! There me thinking I had morals !! So sorry

Yep easy to say that when you nor living amongst it....drugs. ..prostitution....the language....not a pleasant place to live.. would hardly say Seaford Meadows is "Living The Dream " !!

For us, Seaford Meadows is living the dream. We have a house we could have never afforded in the UK, near the beach, with a pool spa and bar. To us that is Living the Dream. It is unfortunate that the OP has had problems but in the four years here we have experienced very very few problems. Hopefully it will continue this way.

You clearly mentioned the issues are due to housing trust. In some good parts of Adelaide, there have been drug related shootings with deaths.

the problems you are experiencing are not due to the ownership of the house. There are many thousand decent trust tenants. There are also many thousand awful home owners.

So yes, snobbish.

I have relatives that live at Seaford meadows and each time we go to visit I feel a little more like I'll be coming back to my car on bricks. It was always going to happen with the amount of trust housing and being dirt cheap to buy land due to being so far from the city. A shame as it was a nice place 5 years ago.

You clearly mentioned the issues are due to housing trust. In some good parts of Adelaide, there have been drug related shootings with deaths.

the problems you are experiencing are not due to the ownership of the house. There are many thousand decent trust tenants. There are also many thousand awful home owners.

So yes, snobbish.

you don't know so keep your comments to yourself !!!!

To say that an "Area is going downhill due to the amount of Trust Homes" seems, IMO, to be blaming a 'type' of person (a houso) , rather than the individual.

I was lucky enough to be brought up in public housing, and I don't take drugs, prostitute myself, or hoard broken cars in my front yard*. That's because I was raised in a love-rich, but money-poor, home.

Trust homes are there for people who need them. Those who live in them might be terrible neighbours, or great people.

The same goes for private rentals, or privately owned homes.

I would definitely contact the housing trust as what your neighbour is doing is illegal, and could be enough to get her evicted or arrested. It's very sad when a handful of individuals take away your feelings of security from where you live.

Whilst I feel for you having a bad neighbour, I find your post a bit snobbish.you can live in any area and have issues.

chrisfen46, I don't think adelaidenow was calling you a snob, just the way your post sounded?

Like adelaidenow, I feel for you. No one can doubt the veracity of your opinion; you live there, you should know what it's like in your immediate area. It sounds horrible and I hope you find somewhere else soon.

:wubclub: LC

* Oh ok, one of those things might not be true..... :wideeyed:

Edited by Lazy Cow

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are having. Bad neighbours affects your total quality of life. Seaford and associated suburbs are very popular areas and only 35 minutes drive from the city.

I have friends who live in Seaford Meadows. They had a house built 5 years ago and endured scumbag neighbours for 18 months before the house was sold again. They now have great neighbours. You get bogan housing trust renters, bogan owners and everyday bogan renters and they seem to come and go. You also get great renters so it's a real lottery.

Have you any contacts within the police force? A lot of British police were recruited and maybe someone can put you in touch with someone who can help. There are quite a few stationed at your nearest police station in Christies Beach. Maybe someone on here can help?

I live in seaford meadows myself, in an affordable rented house. I think your labelling the whole of seaford meadows isnt correct when really though you just have an issue with one neighbour. I live on a busy street with a mixture of social classes, some rented, some bought, thats the kind of mix you get here in Australia. Its unfortunate your having this bad experience but i can say the past 18 months ive had not one issue living in seaford meadows , nor have several people i know. Rather than ranting on here and putting people off buying or renting in a nice affordable area, perhaps address your issues with the landlord or the police? I think personally its great 40% of the houses are affordable, as a single working professional mum im more than happy here, as are all the people i know here

. Also as someone who works with all social classes, the south of adelaide has huge issues with drugs, etc , it happens on every estate, not just the seaford meadows, you could move to seaford rise and still have the same problem! Believe me ive seen it first hand, hope you get your issues sorted , think youve just had bad luck with your neighbours.

We bought on Seaford Meadows. Don't feel sorry for us. We bought with our eyes open, fully aware that a percentage of houses would be Housing Trust. In fact, and please correct me if I am wrong, new estates have an obligation to have a percentage of trust houses on them. Contact your local council to ask whom you can speak to regarding your issue.

Unfortunately it is not going to be very long before you start feeling sorry for yourself.

Housing trust is a funny thing - one day you get half decent neighbours, the other day they replace them with a bunch who sleeps during the days and are having fights at 3 am like on schedule.

As a professional landlord, I avoid new estates like a plague. Always buy in established area - knowing there are no undesirables around.

And I do not know how local council can help you - frankly. There is nothing within their jurisdiction.

It is a police issue, and God, there are heaps of Police living in Seaford Meadows. You might think it is a good thing, but it is not.

If they do not meet revenue targets - they would not wait until you make an offence. They just will claim that you were not wearing sit belt while pulling out of driveway. Or book you for parking on the grass. And they are not going to target housing trust tenants - there is little or no possibility to get a fine off them. They will target YOU.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Unfortunately it is not going to be very long before you start feeling sorry for yourself.

Housing trust is a funny thing - one day you get half decent neighbours, the other day they replace them with a bunch who sleeps during the days and are having fights at 3 am like on schedule.

As a professional landlord, I avoid new estates like a plague. Always buy in established area - knowing there are no undesirables around.

And I do not know how local council can help you - frankly. There is nothing within their jurisdiction.

It is a police issue, and God, there are heaps of Police living in Seaford Meadows. You might think it is a good thing, but it is not.

If they do not meet revenue targets - they would not wait until you make an offence. They just will claim that you were not wearing sit belt while pulling out of driveway. Or book you for parking on the grass. And they are not going to target housing trust tenants - there is little or no possibility to get a fine off them. They will target YOU.

"Knowing" there are no undesirables in an area right now means nothing, people move, new people arrive....what you "knew" may now no longer be true....

With regard to your issues with the police.......honestly.......yawn.......